Author Topic: 5220 handset not answering on pickup  (Read 3374 times)

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
5220 handset not answering on pickup
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
Greetings,

I am having an issue with a 5220 phone where picking up the handset or using the Plantronics wireless headset with lifter does not automatically answer a call or pick up a line. The line key must be pressed to answer and the Cancel key must be pressed to hang up.

I have seen this issue before and resolved it by deleting the extension and then recreating it. The first time it happened I tried moving the extension to a different phone, first a 5224 and then a 5330. The same behavior persisted on these other phones so I assume it must have something to do with the extension, not the phone.

I can delete and recreate this extension like before to fix the issue, however, I thought I would put this out there in hopes of finding an answer to why this is happening.

Thanks in advance,

Forrest

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 5220 handset not answering on pickup
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 08:24:36 PM »
Two things will do this:
1- You have the "headset" feature turn on.   You can verify by going to maintenance commands and entering "loc fe ext <ext>"
It will show you if the headset feature is active.  You can deactivate it via FAC.

2- The COS assigned to the phone does not have "ringing line select" active.   

My money is on the headset feature.

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
Re: 5220 handset not answering on pickup
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:16:56 PM »
That was it, thank you so much! In FAC there is Multiline Set Headset - On/Off codes. It was simply a matter of dialing #52 on the extension to turn it off.

I really appreciate the help and this site. Thanks again.

Forrest

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10