Author Topic: 3300 CXII Voicemail to Email with Google Workspace  (Read 549 times)

Offline APCS-IT

• View Profile
3300 CXII Voicemail to Email with Google Workspace
« on: March 21, 2024, 09:55:25 AM »
Greetings!
I'm attempting to get voicemail forwarding to email working again after a number of changes. It was working last year and stopped at some point in early 2024. My theory is this is related to Google's email authentication requirement changes. Of note is that we purchased an existing installation when we bought our building in October, and the email address for voicemail-to-email was under the old domain until I began troubleshooting in early March. We can't use that email anymore, so I've set up a new account for this purpose.

So far I've tried:
- Updating the email address in System Options to voicemail@mydomain.org, authenticating using an app password, sending to smtp.gmail.com and using port 587.
- Changing the DNS server address on the 3300 CXII controller to our internal AD DNS servers, Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1, and several combinations of these.
- Configured the SMTP Relay service in my Google admin console and changed the email settings to use smtp-relay.gmail.com and port 587. Also tried not requiring encryption and using port 25, as well as not requiring authentication and using port 25.

Checking the logs on the 3300, I see the following:
Software   5692   Error   2024/Mar/21   09:51:22   VPIM   CSMTPClientMsg::ProcessResult - Failed sending Voice Mail to Email: From Vpim: <phonenumber>@<IP Address> To Mailbox: 418 To... [Click to read more]   Main   ipvm_smtpclientmsg.cpp;715
Software   5691   Error   2024/Mar/21   09:51:22   VPIM   CSMTPClientMsg::ProcessResult - DIRECTORY SERVICES returns failure. <0> bytes transferred.   Main   ipvm_smtpclientmsg.cpp;638
Maintenance   5690   Error   2024/Mar/21   09:51:22   VPIM   SMTP server address 'smtp-relay.gmail.com' failed to be resolved or is not reachable.Email was Not delivered.   Main   Maintenance;0

This led me to changing the DNS server addresses, which didn't help. I'm able to ping smtp-relay.gmail.com from the CLI with no issue, which left me confused.

Any ideas? I've got a handful of frustrated users and I'm stumped at this point.
Thanks!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 3300 CXII Voicemail to Email with Google Workspace
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 03:31:51 PM »
I have found on some of these it's easier to setup an email address with the ISP and relay through them...

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 12:07:10 PM »
What release are you running? Looks like there was a known issue that was fixed in MiVB 10.1.0.27.

Offline APCS-IT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2024, 11:02:38 AM »
Sorry for the delay, apparently I don't have notifications for replies turned on.
Currently running MiVB 9.3.0.24. I'll try upgrading to 10.1.0.29 later this week after hours and see if that makes a difference. Appreciate the suggestion, lundah!

Offline APCS-IT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 11:39:24 AM »
Turns out we can't update without software assurance, which we don't have, so updating the software isn't an option at this point. Is there anything else that might be causing this other than outdated software?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10