Author Topic: 3300 CXII Voicemails Not Delivered But Files Present  (Read 345 times)

Online APCS-IT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
3300 CXII Voicemails Not Delivered But Files Present
« on: May 23, 2024, 10:04:02 AM »
Greetings!
Odd one here. Voicemails can be placed but are no longer being delivered to the mailbox. I can look in /vmail/d/vm/grp/### and see the files but message indicators on desk phones are not illuminating and calling into a user's voicemail results in 'You have no new messages'. I've just tried iPVM_Stop/Start and that didn't make a difference. Help!

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 CXII Voicemails Not Delivered But Files Present
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 04:39:29 PM »
Anything change recently? The only time I ever saw that was after a failed upgrade that was rolled back. I had to restore from a backup made before the failed upgrade.

Online APCS-IT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 06:44:30 PM »
I did try a software upgrade a month or so ago as a troubleshooting step for voicemail to email not working and had to roll it back as we didn't have software assurance and the system freaked out about licenses. Could be related... I'll try a restore next week and see what happens as I'm out of town tomorrow and over the weekend.

Side note, if I restore, am I able to upload any voicemail files that exist now that were added after the backup I restore from, or will that break things?

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 09:20:02 AM »
I did try a software upgrade a month or so ago as a troubleshooting step for voicemail to email not working and had to roll it back as we didn't have software assurance and the system freaked out about licenses. Could be related... I'll try a restore next week and see what happens as I'm out of town tomorrow and over the weekend.

Side note, if I restore, am I able to upload any voicemail files that exist now that were added after the backup I restore from, or will that break things?

Funny enough, that's the exact situation I ran into. I think the upgrade does something to the existing partition (even though it shouldn't). There's a procedure to just restore the embedded VM out on KMS which worked for me. I wasn't able to figure out a way to restore the messages that were there but not showing as new. I just extracted the raw audio files, converted them in Audacity, and gave them to the customer.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10