Author Topic: Allow external caller to route/forward their own call  (Read 2968 times)

Offline fdr

• View Profile
Allow external caller to route/forward their own call
« on: February 26, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's a way to allow external users to route their own calls through the mitel server? Obviously this is a big security risk but i'm more interested in whether it's possible.

There's UCA, althoguh i'm curious if there's any inbuilt mechanism to allow a user to dial a pre configured number which will then accept a follow on number and "auto forward".

The goal is call savings (instead of staff using their mobile phone to call an international number, they would have it routed through the mitel).

Cheers

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Allow external caller to route/forward their own call
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 07:12:52 AM »
Check out the External Hotdesking feature. I think that will meet your needs.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
If the international numbers are static, you can set up a system speed call to it and then the user can call into the AA or a DID pointed to it.
That would be a local call for the cell and the PBX is charged for the international calls.   This also solves the security issues for the most part.

Also, UCA with the smart phone app will also do it for you.   It makes the PBX call your cell then the PBX connects you to the outside number.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 02:08:35 PM by ralph »

Offline fdr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 08:14:15 PM »
Thanks, i think the static option is the one i'll play with. We're not likely to spend any money to satisfy the needs of only a few users really (i assume external hotdesking requires a Mitel Border Gateway? I shall read up on it..)

Cheers, nice forum
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:17:36 PM by fdr »

Offline fdr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 01:46:44 AM »
I have a follow up question on this.. I've created a static re-route the only way i know how, which possibly isn't the best way. There's two problems, first only one person can use the number at a time. Anyone else gets a busy tone.. The other is that it randomly doesn't work, at times just ringing out (even though i know voicemail is turned on the other side).

I've created a dummy handset (extension) to assign a number. Set it to re-route to an always alternative of a system speed dial which has the international number programmed to it.

Could anyone advise if this is the best way to go about it?

Many thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 06:07:13 AM »
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not but some time ago I set up a page related to international call forwarding.
You can check it out here: www.mitelforums.com/articles/international-call-forwarding.php

There's a related affiliate link
Toll Free Forwarding

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10