Author Topic: 3300 V4.0 in classic mode to Common distrubuted mode (CDM) upgrade  (Read 4100 times)

Offline stevek

• View Profile
Hi,

I have cluster of approximately 13 Mxe controllers all running V9.0 except 1 which is running V4.0 (needed 5320 IP phone support) in classic mode so that it was compatible with OPS man and the existing controllers. (used to have 62 controllers in the cluster due to Analogue provision - all hail SIP).

We were unable to migrate all the nodes to V4 due to having a large number of MX and <512Mb CX controllers in the cluster.

So my questions are:-
Can I change the existing V4.0 to run in CDM mode as we are preparing to upgrade the existing controllers?

If not
Would I be better upgrading them all to V4.0 classic then move them to v4.2 CDM at a later date?
Does V4.2 still support the use of classic and OPS Manager?
What would be the implications when we move to V5, would classic mode still be supported?

A lot of questions I know but looking for any experiences or advice as this is due to happen within the next couple of weeks?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 V4.0 in classic mode to Common distrubuted mode (CDM) upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:45 AM »
Classic is no longer supported after 4.0; all systems would have to be taken to 4.0, converted to SDS, and then upgraded to 4.1 or beyond.

There is an OPS/Enterprise Manager for systems after 4.0, meant for large clusters like yours, but I believe its capabilities are severely less. I believe its meant more for monitoring now then making system wide changes. It obviously doesn't do the sync's anymore either. We don't have any clusters as large as yours, and have eliminated OPS for all our customers that had it. Hopefully Ralph or someone else will have more insight into that part of it for you.

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 08:35:09 AM »
Thanks Bluewhite.

I think the question I should have asked is how do I change an existing "classic" v4.0 mode to V4.0 Extended. Is it just a backup, fresh install of V4.0 select Extended and restore?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 08:37:47 AM »
I think the migration process is documented in the help files.  Do a search for 'migrate'.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:13 AM »
Like Ralph said, look at the help. Its not quit as straight forward as a backup and a restore, but the good news is that you can do it without restarting the system. (You must have SDS enabled in System Options first through.)

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:41:44 AM »
Sorry to sound dumb but which help files / where?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 08:48:21 AM »
Once you log into ESM and before you enter any form, click the help button on the upper right of your screen and then search.

Ralph

Offline stevek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 09:33:18 AM »
Thanks for your help guys.
Looks pretty strightforward as it's only 1 node that will be going from v4 classic to extended the rest if the nodes will be going from v9 to v4 extentended during the upgrade window. Then 1 week later taking them all to v4.2. Weekends / days off what are they!?!?

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 07:16:18 AM »
Good news is if you go ahead and do this portion at 4 you can pre-load the new hardware before the next upgrade and that will save some time. I am in the process of doing the same thing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10