Author Topic: Call forwarding loop  (Read 7657 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Call forwarding loop
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »
Most of our sales people forward their phones at night to the personal cell phones.  There seems to be an issue with that.

If a caller calls in using our toll free number they get the auto attendant, which then propmpts the caller to enter an extension, if the phone is forwarded there seems to be a loop of some sort.

If the caller calls the DID, the forwarding works seamlessly.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
-Evan

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call forwarding loop
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:47 AM »
It would seem to me that the Auto Attn is restricted for being allowed to dial out.
This is normal security practice.
In order to allow your AA to following that forwarding, you may be breaking several rules.
But here it goes:
1 - check the COS of the VM to be sure it has Public Network to Public Network allowed.
2 - Set the COR of the VM ports to be the same as your trunk ports.
3 - check to see if the VM ports have an interconnect restriction that doesn't allow it to connect to trunks.

Retest after each of these.
Better security would have the users forward to system speed calls that have "over ride toll security" enabled and the COR of the VM ports completely restricted.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:48:03 AM by ralph »

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »
It would seem to me that the Auto Attn is restricted for being allowed to dial out.
In order to allow your AA to following that forwarding, you may be breaking several rules.
But here it goes:
1 - check the COS of the VM to be sure it has Public Network to Public Network allowed.
3 - check to see if the VM ports have an interconnect restriction that doesn't allow it to connect to trunks.

Better security would have the users forward to system speed calls that have "over ride toll security" enabled and the COR of the VM ports completely restricted.

Ralph
Blu Ray Movies

What are the security risks having the AA call out?

I think it would be way too much overhead for me to assign speed dials to everyones cell phones. (at least thats what i think you are talking about). 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:45:34 AM »
The risk are you are,  the more security you remove the more likely to be hacked.
Hacked in this case would be someone calling your toll free number and then calling someone in <insert your favorite country here> on your dime.
I've seen it happen where a customer lost thousands of dollars over a weekend.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:08:47 PM by ralph »

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »
Like Ralph said you have to be careful your system doesn't get hacked. I would say try to get information about "toll fraud". Mitel has documents informing about this. You can find it on MOL.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »
Ralph...when you say to forward to speed calls, I am not sure if I'm getting you right...

I would have to assign speed calls to eachs sales person's cell phone, then forward the phone to that speed call.  Is that correct?

Thank again!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:03:44 PM »
Yes.  That is correct.
The important part of setting up the speed dial is to enable "Override Toll Security"

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:47:42 AM by ralph »

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 05:49:01 PM »
Hey guys...I am revisiting this issue i had with the auto attendant transferring out to an external number.

We discussed that it is a security measure in place that the AA cannot forward calls out.

Ralph you mentioned better security would be to setup a system speed dials to the external number, and forward the phone to that speed dial.  i have done this, and i also set over ride toll control to yes.

where would i set the VM port COR to restricted. 

The phone is still not being forwarded to the external number from the AA.

Much appreciated!

-Evan

But here it goes:

Better security would have the users forward to system speed calls that have "over ride toll security" enabled and the COR of the VM ports completely restricted.Ralph

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:06:39 PM by ralph »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 06:13:25 PM »
Look up the extension numbers of the voice mail ports in the voice mail auto hunt group.

Then go to the alphabetical listings and look up station service assignment (or station attributes) and assign an unrestricted COR to those ports.

Also, check the COS of the VM/AA ports to be sure that "public network via DPNSS" is allowed.

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 07:22:29 AM »
Another option would be to set up External Hotdesk Users for the cell phones and the system would treat them as internal calls. This would also give you some other features that the sales people would like such as the ablility to handoff calls.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »
Thanks Ralph and Mattmyan! 

I will try your suggestions.

***update***
The CORs are a bit confusing, and is probably a bit over my head when it comes to programming the Mitel.

Rather than creating new CORs etc, I was thinking about using the existing.

If i change the COS and COR assignment on the VM ports to match those set to the phones, would that work?  Could you see any issues arising from that? 

In my head it would work. 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:52:10 PM by evan631 »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
I wouldn't match the COR of the phones.   It will work but it may open you up to a hack.

This may be a bit much but there is an article I wrote regarding Mitel ARS and security.
www.mitelforums.com/articles/mitel_ars_programming.php

I may be a good idea to have your system audited by someone who really knows his way around Mitel ARS to ensure your secure.

I'd try to block the VM via COR and then forward to the cell via system speed dials.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10