Author Topic: Info on Mitel 330CXi cabinets  (Read 2844 times)

Stuart

Info on Mitel 330CXi cabinets
« on: November 13, 2008, 05:01:09 AM »
Hello,
I am very new to the Mitel range of systems, looked at a couple and had a brief look at the setup but thats it, I have been working on PABX systems for about 30 years and and work on various brands, Tadiran, Fujitsu, Nortel etc.

In the next couple of weeks I am going to do the first of the training courses on the Mitel but I have the opportunity to buy a 3300 CXi system now which I want to use as my workshop / demo unit but I want to be sure I am not buying something that can't be upgraded to the latest software version etc, there appears to be two different part numbers for the 3300 CXi controller, 50005096 and 50004640, what is the difference.

I am aware that the licencing will be an issue but I can't get into the system because of where the system is located but I just want to verify that I would be buying hardware that is current, I do have a printout of the "version" data from the RS232 port.

Thanks
Stuart

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Info on Mitel 330CXi cabinets
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:59:29 AM »
The first number you listed is for a CX controller and the second is for a CXi. They are both current platforms of the 3300 and the difference is that the CXi has a 16 port POE switch built in and the CX does not.

One thing you will find (if these are not brand new from Mitel) is that they will not have enough RAM (512MB) to upgrade to Rel 9.1 when it is released. Mitel released pricing on their RAM upgrade and it lists for $300.00 (it is just a stick of RAM so it of course it a bit over priced).

jimtora

Re: Info on Mitel 330CXi cabinets
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 06:12:53 AM »
Yes thats correct with the CX and Cxi..I would recommend you procure a Cxi, however you do not necessarily have to get ver 9.1.
Versions like 8.0.9.20 also work, without the addiotnal cost of RAM.

good luck

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10