Author Topic: Auto-Attendant - Dial 9 issue  (Read 2474 times)

Offline thehead

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Auto-Attendant - Dial 9 issue
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:24:28 PM »
Hey all,

Same client, different office (man they're just never happy with their setups, I swear) - anyways - they have the following problem (quoted from the main receptionist):

"In our phone system, 9 is supposed to transfer the caller to our staff directory. This is working on the night phones setting, but not on the day setting. When the caller dials 9 on days, they are told they are being transferred to the administrator and then told that the voicemail box is full. Transfers to the administrator come back to my phone, and the only voicemail I have is the company one which I check regularly and is empty at this point."

Now - I've checked all through call rerouting menus, and similar menus - but really can't see where this hit 9 is coming from and how it is working differently in night mode vs day mode (the fact of this made me think this would be easy to track down - but so far this isn't the case).

Now - she sent me another e-mail with another comment related to this, just recently:

"I did notice that if I wait until the

Offline Mitelmindset

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Attendant - Dial 9 issue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 09:39:21 AM »
Have you opened a hyperterminal session enter the PBX IP and port 1752 (SMDR port) then make a call using the call flow you arehaing troubles. Hang up then follow the call in hyperterminal....perhaps it can clarify what extension the call is going to OR provide other details.

just a thought....

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Auto-Attendant - Dial 9 issue
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 11:26:55 AM »
My guess would be that the call is hitting a Multi Level Auto Attendant.   The 9 is programmed to do "something".

Check the MLAA to see what's it's doing.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:27:31 PM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10