Author Topic: One Last Question For Now....Re 'Press 1 for so-and so, Press 2 for so-and-so..'  (Read 3268 times)

Offline thehead

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Same site I was working on yesterday.

They had a few more minor issues I fixed up this morning, including some routing problems.

For their auto-attendant, they have 'Press 1 for so-and-so', 'Press 2 for so-and-so,' etc.....

This whole wondrous experience was started by them wanting 1 to go to extension 3001, 2 to go to 3002, etc.....so for example:

'Press 1 for Meghan' - Meghan's extension was say 3005, but they wanted her extension to match up to the number (who knows why, really).

Anyways - for every user in the office, this works but for the press 1 user.

Someone dials in - listens to the auto-attendant, presses 1 and gets directed to 3003.

I've checked everywhere I can think of for this, and am stumped.  I found some transfer only voice-mail boxes that looked to be directed incorrectly (1 was going to 3003 for example) and modified the incorrect entries but this didn't help.  I also parsed through most of the available forms in the 3300 and cannot see another spot where this might be.

Thoughts here?

Thanks!

TheHead

Offline limamikeseven

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi,

as you said, the transfer mailbox would be a good place to start, if 1 is not pointing to 3005 it will not go there. also check that there is no features like cfwd activated on 3005 pointing to 3003. this can also start causing problems when they list more than ten users as the system will wait for a second or two when 1 is dialed as it might be expecting an extra digit like 0 for 10 or 1 for 11 etc. Its best to use the directory listing or allow transfer to any number and have the caller dial the extension number rather than single digit.

Regards

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Where did you check?  I would also look at Call Rerouting - System speed calls.  Does the 3300 let you mix dial plan length (IE: 3 and 4 or maybe 1 digit extensions?)   I can do it in Cisco and honestly do a lot more of that work these days ...

-Chak

Offline thehead

• Contributer
    • View Profile
After all the descriptions of the problem they gave and all the time I spent investigating based on Press 1 to get to this person, etc, the issue was actually with voicemail.

When I reassigned extensions everyone was told to change their voice-mail message.  This user didn't bother so it had a different user's voice on it.

Once she reset her voicemail the issue was resolved.

I'm not sure how they equated this to the press 1 to get to this person, etc when it had nothing to do with this at all.

:o

TheHead

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
The best way to get that kind of programming in the 3300 is through the use of an ACD path. Assign an empty agent group and tick the option to accept calls with no agets available. Then assign a RAD that has the appropriat message dial 1 for dial 2 for. Last but not least Use the path interflow dialing list. More layers, easy to programm and easy to maintain.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10