Author Topic: Locate commands  (Read 3128 times)

Offline evan631

• View Profile
Locate commands
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »
Is there a command to locate a particular extension to see how it is setup.

I have our helpdesk number setup with a DID for outside callers.  It is setup on 3 phones as a key appearance.  I need to setup a similar number for another group of users but cant figure the best way. 

If i could just copy how the helpdesk number is setup i would do that.  My problem is that i cannot find the helpdesk number anywhere in the 3300.  Only has key appearances.  It is not a ring group, hunt group, there is no entry under MAC.  Just not sure where it it.

Any thoughts on this?

thanks for the help!

_Evan

Offline limamikeseven

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Locate commands
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 03:13:29 AM »
the locate command will give you information on where to start looking, however if this si setup as a multiline key appearance on multiple phones, then its rather simple to duplicate for your new requirement. navigate to maintenance commands and enter locate extension, depending on your release of software autocomplete will help with command alternatively the help is quite extensive when clicking on it in the active form.

Offline evan631

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
if this line is just a key appearance can I call it from the outside.  Because i set it up that way and I was receving a message that the number was temporarily disconnected.

Offline limamikeseven

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:10:13 AM »
as long as the number is part of your ddi you can call from outside

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10