Author Topic: Is MiVoice Business still recommended for new installs?  (Read 1147 times)

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
Is MiVoice Business still recommended for new installs?
« on: July 02, 2024, 12:25:48 PM »
We've had a Mitel 5000 / MiVoice Office 250 since 2013 and it's done us well, but it's time for an upgrade.

We've been looking for a Cloud PBX to replace it - but all the solutions we've looked at have one thing in common - none of their call banners can be customised to show information like company name, account manager and account number.  I'd settle for just the company name, but they all seeming just display the First and Last name and nothing else!

We like RingCentral and actually had a 2 week proof of concept trial on it and loved the sound quality and reliability, but their integration with HubSpot CRM and ability to display anything other than the first and last name on the call banner really let them down.

I guess the Mitel Phone Manager call banner's flexibility has spoiled us over the years.  Suprisingly, seemingly nobody has a softphone client that can display the company name and account number for the customer ringing in!

We did come across a product called Red Cactus's Bubble, but unfortunately the only company that's a reseller of that product only sells Mitel MiVoice Business... which brings me on to the point of this thread...

We're now investigating whether or not a hosted virtual instance of MiVoice Business with Red Cactus's Bubble application could be a good solution for us.

But... does MiVoice Business have a future?  Is it considered a modern phone system and still a popular choice for businesses with <100 extensions?  Does it do a good job of call recording, transcription, AI summary and sentiment analysis?  Or is it just a stable phone system that's been around a long time?

Thanks in advance :).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 12:30:41 PM by mattybrownuk »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Is MiVoice Business still recommended for new installs?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 08:55:43 AM »
Does it do a good job of call recording, transcription, AI summary and sentiment analysis?

The MiVB itself doesn't do any of these things, it's just the call control. You've got a wide choice in compatible add-on's to do those things, however.

The MiVB platform is still under active development, and as far as Mitel is telling their partners and customers, isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Is MiVoice Business still recommended for new installs?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 04:03:25 PM »
Honestly, for under 100 users I wouldn't recommend a MiVB in most cases... The MiVB platform is solid and not going anywhere, but like @lundah stated it's a call control platform, all the "extra" stuff you are looking for requires additional platform integrations or Mitel servers to handle.

I have been a "Mitel tech" since 1990... I love Mitel's equipment but honestly have a difficult time recommending them for many situations these days. For those where a hosted platform doesn't make much sense or have the customizations needed, the Zultys platform is pretty rock solid... Once the number of phones starts getting up there in the triple digits, we evaluate on a case by case basis depending on the need. We used to do 20-30 MiVO 250's and 3-5 MiVB a year... now we do one MiVB every 2 years or so, but to be honest a large part of that is because we have our own hosted platform.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 04:07:56 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10