Author Topic: New MIR recording software - MiVB 9.2 - question about start/stop record ability  (Read 503 times)

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
We are implementing new MIR software in our environment using trunk-side recording. Even then, I was of the understanding that the extension being recorded would have to be in the extension list and once there all external traffic to those station would be recorded.

My coworker thinks there are key prompt the station owner can do to allow or block recording on their extensions, and I don't recall hearing about that in the training.

This is the new non-oasis platform Mitel has gone to, so I'm just beginning to learn it.

jim

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
no, trunk side recording records all calls over a trunk.

if you want to only record certain stations, then you need to configure MIR for station side recording.

I'm not sure if MIR has any way for the user to "not record" any particular call... Likely there is, via a feature code or something, but I don't know myself.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
There's a desktop client that can be run by the agents to allow them to start & stop recordings, I don't remember if it's a licensed feature or not, its been a couple of years since I looked at an MIR system.

Offline ACDeezNutz

• View Profile
You can setup a rule in MIR for trunk side recording to purge any call unless it contains extensions you want to keep.  That is how you get cradle to grave recordings on calls that pass through select users.  For example, a call goes through a sales person and then is transferred to an ACD agent.  If you want cradle to grave for anything touching an agent you set the rule to purge anything not touching those extensions.  The system will record EVERY call, but immediately purge the ones not matching the rules.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10