Mitel Forums > MiVoice Office 250/Mitel 5000

Restoring new flash card from backups

(1/2) > >>

jjc8008:
Our old card bit the dust and we have a new one on the way, but I had a quick question about applying our backups to it: I have a "database-only" backup from right before when the card bit the dust, and a full backup from about a month ago. Is it possible to apply the full January backup to at least have some semblance of voicemail content, and then the database-only backup after that to get our extensions and such current?

acejavelin:
Yes... assuming you have sufficient changes to justify the additional restore.

Tech Electronics:
jjc8008,

Are you the one making the change or are they sending a technician to make the change?

If you are doing it, then make sure that you don't throw away the old Compact Flash as Mitel is going to want that back or they will charge you a few thousand dollars as they see two compact flashes with the same ARID [Application Record ID].

Thanks,

TE

jjc8008:

--- Quote from: Tech Electronics on February 14, 2024, 08:09:25 AM ---jjc8008,

Are you the one making the change or are they sending a technician to make the change?

If you are doing it, then make sure that you don't throw away the old Compact Flash as Mitel is going to want that back or they will charge you a few thousand dollars as they see two compact flashes with the same ARID [Application Record ID].

Thanks,

TE

--- End quote ---

I believe we're doing it ourselves. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to hang on to our old card

--- Quote from: acejavelin on February 13, 2024, 11:28:36 PM ---Yes... assuming you have sufficient changes to justify the additional restore.

--- End quote ---

Awesome, thanks! I wonder if restoring the full backup first would be a necessary step anyway? Can you receive a fresh new flash card and simply apply JUST the incremental/database only backup? Or would you have to apply a full backup of some sort first anyway?

Tech Electronics:
jjc8008,

If you are doing this yourself, you need to know a few more things that are not obvious at first.

1. Do you have the new license key for the new Compact Flash?
2. What version is the ARID expect to be at?
3. What version is your system currently at?
4. What version is the Compact Flash at?
5. Do you have the software to upgrade or downgrade the Compact Flash/System?
6. Do you know how to upgrade or downgrade the Compact Flash/System?

I would use the full backup if I were you as it not only loads the Database it also loads the Music on Hold and any prompts you have for Auto Attendants which doesn't happen with the regular backup. It will also allow users to not have to setup their mailboxes again, but that is a minor issue compared to having the system operational and taking calls as soon as the database is installed.

Thanks,

TE

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version