Mitel Forums > SIP On Mitel

Alarm lines on ATA's

(1/2) > >>

lundah:
Anyone here successfully got alarm lines working via an ATA? I'm trying to get a Simplex panel to play nice via a Grandstream HT818 on a MiVB rel. 10.0.0.76. The calls out from the panel to the monitoring station are completing, but the alarm company tells me they're not communicating. I've played around with DTMF methods and echo cancellation settings, but not finding a combination of settings that works. Fax machines and analog phones on the same ATA are working fine.

acejavelin:
We have tried this off and on for years on our hosted platform and now we just say no to any attempt at alarm lines on SIP lines... It always fails, even if not initially, so now we either make the customer move to an "alternate" method (usually IP and/or cellular) or traditional telco lines. We can get faxes working with 99% reliability but alarm lines are just a hassle.

lundah:
Yeah that seems to be the consensus. Working on my POTS replacement strategy and this is one of the things I don't have a simple replacement for. We can get cellular adapters, either from the alarm vendor or from FirstNet, but then I have to find funding (public agency, I have no budget for anything of course).

ZuluAlpha:
We're exploring this too - just watch on your fire panel lines they have to be NFPA compliant with a certain level of battery backup in case of a power failure.

lundah:

--- Quote from: ZuluAlpha on January 31, 2024, 08:14:05 AM ---We're exploring this too - just watch on your fire panel lines they have to be NFPA compliant with a certain level of battery backup in case of a power failure.

--- End quote ---

I was on a webinar showing the Ooma Airdial product as a POTS replacement solution, they mentioned for elevator phones there's a requirement for 8 hours of battery backup. The Airdial unit would be a good fit as it has battery backup built-in, and FirstNet also has a device designed for alarm panels https://www.firstnet.com/industry-solutions/iot/alarm-iot-solutions/starlink-fire-lte.html.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go to full version