Author Topic: 69x0-W phones on MiVB 8  (Read 789 times)

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
69x0-W phones on MiVB 8
« on: August 14, 2023, 02:21:15 PM »
We have a customer with a cluster of 13 phone systems that currently cannot be upgraded beyond 8 due to some PER nodes.

They just purchased a bunch of 69XX-w phones and are having obvious issues getting them running.
Booting them up, they are attempting to download from "thirdparty.firmware.connect.mitelcloud.com"

I had them factory default the phone, and it does the same thing.
I then had them Select Voice Services and manually assign the TFTP server to the phone system's IP address.
When they did this, it then sat on DHCP discovery until it failed and restarted again.

I'm thinking we are completely stuck with the w's and will need to have them return them to Mitel in exchange for the older 69xx's.
But, they are asking me to pull a rabbit from my hat and see if there's a way to make these work on 8.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: 69x0-W phones on MiVB 8
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 02:44:53 PM »
KMS Article HO 4838 had a procedure for loading the W firmware onto a MiVB 8.0 system, but I have no direct experience with it. I would think it will work, since the phone is just going to check the TFTP server for the correct filename and load whatever exists. I would assume you'd program the device as the non-w variant in the MiVB.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 05:20:36 PM »
Load and go

Offline AH64Armament

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 03:16:59 PM »
KMS Article HO 4838 had a procedure for loading the W firmware onto a MiVB 8.0 system, but I have no direct experience with it. I would think it will work, since the phone is just going to check the TFTP server for the correct filename and load whatever exists. I would assume you'd program the device as the non-w variant in the MiVB.

thank you... this worked!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10