Author Topic: MiVB MXE III 8.0 PR3 Redundant drive dead  (Read 3142 times)

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: MiVB MXE III 8.0 PR3 Redundant drive dead
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2023, 04:28:36 PM »
If the new drive has the base software already on it, you can access via the browser, use the default creds, and do a restore. That's probably the fastest way too.

Then once it's all up the RAID automatically rebuilds when the second drive is inserted.

I picked up a drive that has 8.0 sp3 pr2 -14.0.3.37 (closest software they had to mine)

My system is at 8.0 pr3 - 14.0.0.27

Do I need to have my licenses upgraded to the sp3, pr2 through AMC first, or does the license even care about the software patches and patch release?

Jim

Shouldn't matter on the AMC for that versioning, but you will want to have the updated root cert available. If you're using the software installer tool, I believe the later versions have the root cert built in.

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2023, 11:35:18 AM »
I retired from our local ILEC Mitel partner three years ago (where I had installed and maintained a couple of dozen of these systems) and our county government asked me to come work for them in February in IT, so I am now an enduser.

Is access to the software installer tool restricted to partners, for I don't seem to be able to find a download for it and my current Mitel MiAccess account is limited.

Jim

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2023, 05:52:45 PM »
Software installer tool may be restricted to partners, think it would be. Eiter way you would need access to the version load file unless you already have it. If so, a Boot_Install via ftp would load the software

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2023, 09:51:57 AM »
Software installer tool may be restricted to partners, think it would be. Eiter way you would need access to the version load file unless you already have it. If so, a Boot_Install via ftp would load the software

Thanks, I figured it would be...the CLEC that we have our maintenance agreement with apparently does a bit of cloud based support, but I get the impression our county is the only customer they have with physical high-availability systems and they seem reluctant to work on them (I guess that's why they hired me part-time, for I put these systems in and maintained them when I worked for the local ILEC before I retired and basically forgot everything...though its slowly coming back to me).

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10