Author Topic: voicemail issues  (Read 4188 times)

mark_79

voicemail issues
« on: October 23, 2008, 12:58:37 AM »
I Have a new system that has been installed and the intergratted voicemail is being used. (i have been sent out to fix original installation)
there is a few problems with it like the message waiting indicator will not stop flashing even if no messages are in the system which is not system wide(only affecting some phones), Also when pushing the "Mail" icon on the phone it is not dialling the voicemail pilot to access the voicemail greeting.
any suggestions as my back-ground is NEC not Mitel??
thanks

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: voicemail issues
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 09:30:45 AM »
Be sure there is not a numbering conflict with with the message waiting on/off codes and some other numbers on your system.  Look in the "Call Rerouting assignment" form and "System Speed Dail Assignment" form for your most obvious conflicts.   You may have ext 111 and also 1111.  look for that type of thing.

But first: change the cos of the phones to allow erasure of the message waiting lamp.  Then at the phone when you hit the message button you will get an option to delete it.   This will most likely fix the message wainting lamp issue.

The mail key only works when your light is lit.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:54:00 PM by ralph »

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 10:12:07 AM »
The callback with the mail icon button will only work if you are off hook or on speakerphone.

mark_79

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 01:50:18 AM »
Cheers Guys, ended up reinstating the whole voicemail as things didnt seem to "arranged" correctly i.e: hunt group for the voicemail and someone had set up VM Networking without the licences being there.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 08:12:39 AM »
Oh yeah,  didn't occure to me to mention it.  If all the ports are not in the VM hunt group, same thing will happen.  I should have looked for the simple things first.

Ralph.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 08:24:01 PM »
  I need to start reading the forum more.  I've fixed several where it was not having the ports in either VM Hunt or RAD was causing the lights to randomly stick.

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10