Author Topic: Problem with importing Data for Speed Dial List  (Read 1327 times)

Offline svoecking

• View Profile
Problem with importing Data for Speed Dial List
« on: January 26, 2022, 05:54:01 AM »
Hello,

first of all I would like to thank you very much for the friendly welcome here in the forum and I am looking forward to a fruitful exchange.

Unfortunately, I must come to you with a problem with which I would be very happy if you could help me.

We are using a MiVoice Office400 with the release 6.3 HF3. The system software runs on version 9131a1.

We have entrusted a service provider with the installation of the telephone system. He offered us the system under the condition that we can use up to 10,000 speed dial Numbers.

After the system was set up, the service provider found out that the system does not support 10,000 speed dials. Mitel is talking about a maximum of 4,000. We then sent our service provider an Excel list with 4.000 records, as an Excel file.  The file contains only 3 columns.

1. the speed dial number e.g. 9999999
2. the phone number which should be dialed
3. the name of the customer

Our service provider tells us that whenever he tries to read the list he gets an error message. Unfortunately I don't know yet what the error message says.
If he enters the data manually, it works according to his statement.
If he copies the data from our Excel list, it does not work.

My thought is that it is due to the formatting of the columns or invalid characters in the list.

Do any of you know the problem with the speed dials, or does anyone know what the criteria is for formatting data in the speed dial list?

That would be great.

Thanks a lot

With kind regards from Germany
Sven V

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with importing Data for Speed Dial List
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 09:59:24 PM »
Use the exported template from the MiVO400. Under Phonebook>Public, there is an Export Button.

Then fill in that form with your numbers and have them use that.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10