Author Topic: 250 End of Life  (Read 13121 times)

Offline zstray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 250 End of Life
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2021, 04:42:23 PM »
Does anyone know if these systems will stop working after EOL?

We got ours 2nd hand and with it being new to me finally got it setup for onsite and teleworkers.

Is it still possible to add licenses and, if so, where would we get them from with a 2nd hand system?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2021, 07:00:33 PM »
No, they will not stop working. You can continue to use the system for years, basically until it dies, which for how many are out there and all the parts on the secondary market, will be a very long time... If history repeats itself with phone systems, you will be able to use it for much longer than you should be able to. : ;D ;D

Offline zstray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 02:08:44 PM »
That's great to hear, thanks!

Does anyone know if you can still purchase licenses for these? We would like to add some licenses to a 2nd hand system we purchased.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2021, 10:42:58 PM »

Does anyone know if you can still purchase licenses for these? We would like to add some licenses to a 2nd hand system we purchased.

Yes you can. You will need to contact your partner of record. If you don't have one, you'll likely have to pay a partner transfer fee for a new partner to take over system.

Offline JeffonJohnsIsland

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 12:01:41 PM »
Ace, TE and DND,

Thanks again for all the information on the 3300.  Sounds like it's a PIB to program.

We have four nodes and one copper PRI for our 250/5000/etc..  The older owners of the company I work for prefer outright purchases as compared to monthly costs.  In telecom, that means onsite versus hosted.  Yet, even with onsite we pay for the software assurance.  The owners children involved in the business probably are far less tied to owning equipment and more willing to lease (hosted for telecom) equipment. 

The PRI has worked nicely for our company, we have unlimited free incoming and outgoing calls/minutes.  I admit, I have heard a previous Mitel tech or two say SIP can be a major problem setting it up. Perhaps it was SIP from Charter that caused the problems, I don't know.  PRI seems to just work...except when they have copper cable issues.

Perhaps SIP isn't an issue when it's hosted.  We have fiber connections to the locations where our current nodes are, so bandwidth shouldn't be a problem. 

Less than three years until I am able to retire, perhaps I am just an old antique.

Jeff

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 12:15:14 PM »

Ace,

Company I worked for used a Vantage system way past its time, retired in 2012.  I found a source of parts, and we kept it going, sometimes wishing I hadn't found a source. 

I don't understand how companies are going to be able to keep using the 250, when licenses aren't available.  What happens when you add a new employee and they need a phone?  We may have a few extra phone licenses and we could purchase additional licenses for the future, but how many and on which nodes?

Jeff

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 03:19:21 PM »

Ace,

Company I worked for used a Vantage system way past its time, retired in 2012.  I found a source of parts, and we kept it going, sometimes wishing I hadn't found a source. 

I don't understand how companies are going to be able to keep using the 250, when licenses aren't available.  What happens when you add a new employee and they need a phone?  We may have a few extra phone licenses and we could purchase additional licenses for the future, but how many and on which nodes?

Jeff
I have been in Telecom for 30 years, so I get that... But the license thing doesn't have to be an issue, estimate your needs for X years and buy them and have your vendor hold them in their license bank then allocate as needed. They should be able to sit in your license bank almost forever, I have licenses that are over 10 years old in ours that have been discontinued years ago.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2021, 08:16:12 AM »

Ace,

Jeff
I have been in Telecom for 30 years, so I get that... But the license thing doesn't have to be an issue, estimate your needs for X years and buy them and have your vendor hold them in their license bank then allocate as needed. They should be able to sit in your license bank almost forever, I have licenses that are over 10 years old in ours that have been discontinued years ago.

Sometimes this is possible. Toshiba for example shut down their license bank - you are truly SOL to add additional licensing at this time.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2021, 06:27:14 AM »
Just upload the licenses when purchased.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2021, 11:30:33 AM »
I think the point was if you have multiple systems and don't know where to allocate them... yet.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2021, 10:38:06 PM »
I think the point was if you have multiple systems and don't know where to allocate them... yet.
No choice on a 250.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »
I suspect we will purchase some extra D licenses for future use.  In the past it was critical to have the licenses on the node where the user was, since 911 calls were routed via a POTS at each node.  CenturyLink will be moving us to a new VOIP platform, so we can specify addresses by TN, which means I would probably place all licenses on the primary node, or at least it won't matter which node the licenses are on. 

Still, investing in licenses for the future is costly and estimating the future needs is not easy. 

I saw a migration deal for moving from the 250 to a new platform.  I can't find the offer I recall seeing.  Has anyone seen a migration special?  If so, can you provide a link to the offer?

Thanks,

Jeff

Offline cahrens

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2021, 04:55:45 PM »
End of new system sales is Jan 31, 2022.
End of add-on sales (licensing and all other hardware) June 30, 2022.
end of software design Jan 31, 2023.
end of support June 30 2026.
Phone Manager (MiVoice Office Application Suite) is about a year behind all of these dates.

Offline JWT

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2022, 03:13:00 AM »
Have these End of Sale (EOS) and End of Life (EOL) been extended another year?
Looking to add SIP licenses and possibly PS1.
Where do I go for official Mitel announcements?
Thanks to all who support this forum!

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2022, 03:31:34 AM »
Have these End of Sale (EOS) and End of Life (EOL) been extended another year?
Looking to add SIP licenses and possibly PS1.
Where do I go for official Mitel announcements?
Thanks to all who support this forum!

Mitel Infochannel, if you have access. The End of Add-on Sales for MiVoice Office 250 Platform & Sets says June 30, 2022.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10