Author Topic: Micollab Usage  (Read 2144 times)

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
Micollab Usage
« on: February 18, 2021, 07:19:26 AM »
We have a huge demand from staff for a softphone while working from home.  Unfortunately, our licenses are maxed out.  The majority of softphones assigned are from those who have had them for years and our suspicion is that they are not being used.  Is there any monitoring or a way I can look to see who is and who isn't using their softphone?  I can then pull those back and assign to those who will use it.

Thanks

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Micollab Usage
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 07:25:09 AM »
in the Micollab V8 , you can have this information in micollab client services -> features - profiles

before V8 it's not possible.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 07:41:52 AM »
in the Micollab V8 , you can have this information in micollab client services -> features - profiles

Appreciate it.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 07:50:29 AM »

Looking at this now.  Micollab Client Service on left hand side - "Configure Micollab Client Service"  under configuration - Features tab. 

I see Feature Profiles and Licensed Feature Usage.  I clicked on the profiles and see seats available/used but I am not seeing who is actually using the software.  I think I may not be looking in the right spot. 

Thanks

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 09:30:06 AM »
attached

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 11:45:28 AM »
Here is what I see... But I don't think it is what I need.  What I am trying to figure out is... if Micollab was setup for 10 people 4 years ago, if all 10 are actually using it.  My guess is that it has been abandoned and is no longer used.  I would like to pull back any unused licenses to assign elsewhere.. instead of buying more at $265 each. 

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2021, 11:51:04 AM »
you need to show me the License Information section.

next i see you have 60 softphone licenses and are currently using 44.
if you click on "softphone" you will have the list of users.

having a license doesn t mean that the user has the client installed on the pc and used.

it's up to you to redefine who needs it and who doesn't.

Offline BobbyMitel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2021, 01:08:41 PM »
Yes, I get that but I was curious if Mitel has tools to determine who actually uses it.  These users demanded it at one time and are executives.  If I suspect they don't use it and pull the license back... boy would they be upset if they go to use it and doesn't work.  If I had something to tell me that the app on the phone was used for X minutes... or the app on the PC was used for X minutes, it would make this much easier.  If not, yes, I'll have to bump heads. 

We have a process for Zoom for this.. If the user doesn't have any meetings that qualify for the Pro account over a month's time, we pull the license and bump them down to a free license.  This has saved us thousands.  Figured Mitel would have this feature, but I guess not. 

Offline KRP

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 01:52:12 PM »
I agree this would be very helpful.

I wonder if the View Logs area has a report in there, t hey only seem to go back one week but guessing that could be extended or exported to a syslog server. Just need to find the right report for MiCollab connections and there are tons of reports in there.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 02:18:58 PM »
it doesn't work as a zoom because zoom is not a softphone. at Mitel the AWC tool (the equivalent of zoom) allows ports to be shared. anyway if you are in doubt don't deactivate the license for the management team.

besides, I don't understand how do you want to use the license management? it is not enough to activate / deactivate the user license, you will have to redeploy the software each time, do 2/3 handling ....

in your place: I deactivate the license for everyone, and I activate it as and when people ask me.

if not, define with the managers who has the right to use the softphone and if you don't have enough license -> go to checkout.

Offline NEPhoneGuy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 02:22:01 PM »
Through MSL and underneath applications find MiCollab Client Service and then Perform Server Diagnostics.

Select the Clients tab and then then you can see currently connected clients bu searching with the Client Type set to all. Check this a few times over the next couple od days and you can see who is actively logging in and not.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 02:46:54 PM »
Through MSL and underneath applications find MiCollab Client Service and then Perform Server Diagnostics.

Select the Clients tab and then then you can see currently connected clients bu searching with the Client Type set to all. Check this a few times over the next couple od days and you can see who is actively logging in and not.

being logged in doesn't mean being used.
I am always logged in (automatically when starting my pc) to several applications that I hardly ever use (company gpo)

Offline KRP

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 05:40:32 PM »
Good point, sunspark.

If staff are not even opening/logging in that could at least be a starting point but you are right not ideal.

Any thoughts or suggestions on a log that could better show activity?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2021, 08:27:34 AM »
This is kind of a manual process, but if you have a 3300/MiVB you can go to Maintenance and Diagnostics > IP Telephone Inventory > Device Connectivity - All and search the DN of the softphones. It will tell you there the last time the system saw a registration for that DN.

Again it wouldn't tell you active use if their MiCollab starts with the softphone enabled, though.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10