Author Topic: Callrouting help  (Read 3081 times)

Offline telecom_guy

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Callrouting help
« on: October 10, 2008, 02:29:53 PM »
Hello,

We have a main number that hunts to 2 nonprime key systems.  What I want to do is set it so when no one answers from any of the 2 key system it will forward to a speedcall to a wireless IP phone.  Well I did was route the first alternative from each key system to the speed call.  It doesn't work, I hear it ring from the phone I'm calling on but ...no ring on the destination phone.  I'm wondering if someone has any other ideas.

Thanks

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Callrouting help
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »
I would assume that if you are forwarding to a speed dial rather than the IP phone it self, it means you are trying to forward off prem.   Be sure in the system speed dial you set the "over rides toll control" to YES.
Also, be sure your trunks COS allow public network to public network connections and that interconnect restrictions is not blocking it.

If that helps, be sure to let us know.
Ralph
www.Comdialphones.com

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
Re: Callrouting help
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:35:40 AM »
I agree with Ralph. Ensure that these settings are correct. Also if you are using a wireless IP Device that is Mitel, you should not need to create a speedcall, you should be able to put the extension in 'Call Reroute 1st Alt'.

another way of doing this is a bit long but does do what you want it to.

1. Create the key system number as a device on the system
2. Registure that device to a IP phone.
3. Set the call forward on no answer (internal/external) to the destination number
4. Keep the number on the system and remove the mac address
5. Program this number on the phone you need this on.

If you have an opsman, just do the programming from there.

This always worked a treat when you have different systems connected together, such as Mitel and Cisco

I hope this helps

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10