Author Topic: Status of Phantom Forward  (Read 1389 times)

Offline mrtv44

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Status of Phantom Forward
« on: October 28, 2020, 05:49:59 PM »
I'm trying to hunt down a forwarding path on an incoming DID: from call routing table it goes to a hunt group, hunt group to phone extension list, phone extension list to a phantom extension...and that's where I'm stuck.  It obviously forwards onward, but I'm not sure how feature 355 was set up on that phantom originally.  Is there a way to see what number a phantom is forwarded off to?  Feature 355 just asks for a new forward, thankfully I didn't break the existing forward that works trying to decode the forward.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
    • Conway Communications, Inc.
Re: Status of Phantom Forward
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 06:17:51 PM »
You can see the current forwarding settings in On Line Monitoring. Once you enable OLM you will see a new entry forwarding information

Also, the best way to change that forwarding destination is to use the remote programming feature, 359.  When you use this code you enter the station number and password, enter 355, the the destination. Be sure to put an 8 be for the phone number if it is an outside number.

Offline mrtv44

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 10:21:24 AM »
Thank you for the tip on OLM. Unfortunately it yielded that the phantom isn't forwarded to anything, so now I have to dig deeper to figure out what exactly it is doing.

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 11:26:29 AM »
Typically, hunt group calls will not follow manual call forwarding of any of the members. I suspect something else is sending your calls away from the hunt group.

In your hunt group, what do you have set for your Announcement, overflow, and Recall destinations?

Offline mrtv44

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
Thank you, sorry for the delay in reply.

I'm trying to figure out how telco set up a hunt group for us so I can duplicate. We have a toll free number that points to a DID coming in on the 5000, If I follow the path from the DID in Call Routing Tables in Trunk, the DID goes to a Hunt Group.  In the hunt group, there are two lines for Members, first goes to the Phone folder under System>Devices and Feature Codes>Extension Lists, and the second goes to a forward to voicemail Call Routing Announcement application.  In the phone directory it's P0036, and within that is a phantom.  That's where I'm stuck.

The idea of the line is that when a call comes in it rings two phones and if nobody picks it up, it goes to Voicemail.  However, we're duplicating a setup we already have on another line, where we want the line to ring in on a separate softkey on the 8568 phone and not ring in on their normal Call 1 as a normal Hunt Group would, this way they can differentiate a personal extension call vs. the incoming group call. I checked keymaps for the extensions in question that have the previous line set up, and they key that rings in the call (Key 2) is setup as undefined in both keymap and programmable keys.

So hunting down this has been a challenge.  However they set this one up is good!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 04:03:27 PM »
mrtv44,

Under the Hunt Group what is the Recall set for?

Thanks,

TE

Offline bobr1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 04:07:59 PM »
I think it might be easier to start from scratch. It sounds like the original installer made it much more complicated than it needs to be. First let’s set up the hunt group.

Go to System...Devices and feature codes...Extension Lists...hunt group members. Give it a name (billing ring in....) and add the two phones you want to ring.

Next go to Voice Processor...Devices...Applications. Crest a Call Routing Anouncement and name it (billing v-mail...). Remove all recordings in the Day and Night greetings. Go into Digit Translation and set the Timeout to “transfer to Mailbox” and enter the mail box you want it to go to. (You can use a user’s mail, or you can cutler at a new mailbox.

Now, go to System...Devices and feature codes...Hunt Groups. Create and name your new hunt group. Add your new Call Routing Application as the “recall” destination and make sure the Announcement and Overflow are both set to NONE.  Next go to Timers and set the Recall timer to how long you want the two phones to ring before the call goes to voice mail.  Finally, go to Members and add the new Extension list you created as the ONLY member. Now, direct the DID to the hunt group ext number and both phones will ring until the recall timer expires. Then the call will go to the call routing announcement and be transferred to the mailbox you programmed.

Now, the call will always show up on the call keys, but there are a few ways you can differentiate the calls.

1.  You can create a Phantom Extension and add that extension to your extension list (billing ring in) Program a PKM/DSS button on the phones for the phantom ext and it will flash when the hunt group is called.

2.  If you can train your users to look at the display before they answer you can “label” the call. Create a new call routing announcement. The username is what we are looking for, so name it “billing” (or whatever). Again, remove the greetings. Set the timeout to “transfer to extension” and enter the hunt group extension. Now, instead of directing the DID to the hunt group, set it to the new call routing announcement. When the calls come in the user’s displays will say “XXX-XXX-XXXX TRANSFERRED from Billing (or whatever you put in the username of the call routing announcement).

Offline mrtv44

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 04:15:30 PM »
Recall on the HG is set to NONE.

I will try to reconstruct from scratch, I'll see if that gets me to where I need to be.

Thank you

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10