Author Topic: 2 DID's using one nupoint VM  (Read 2879 times)

Offline bwhoffman

• View Profile
2 DID's using one nupoint VM
« on: January 06, 2011, 02:26:55 PM »
Hello all,
Is it possible to have 2 seperate DID's point to one VM(nupoint)?
IE  xxx-3019 and xxx-3026 have VM's land on lnly VM 3019

I'm doing some head scratching today and am betting I'm not thinking the obvious!

Brett.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 DID's using one nupoint VM
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 02:57:54 PM »
It depends on how your system is setup. Do your DID's match your extension numbers exactly? As in you only see 4 digits come into your system from the carrier, so they have to route directly to extensions? Or do you use the System Speed Dials form to route DID's to extensions?

In the first case, it becomes slightly complicated. You have to create a phantom hunt group, and then using call rerouting, route said hunt group to the primary extension number.

If its the second case, then all you need to do is program a speed dial of the DID and for the actual number part, put in the extension you want the DID to ring on.

Offline bwhoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 05:04:34 PM »
It depends on how your system is setup. Do your DID's match your extension numbers exactly? As in you only see 4 digits come into your system from the carrier, so they have to route directly to extensions? Or do you use the System Speed Dials form to route DID's to extensions?

In the first case, it becomes slightly complicated. You have to create a phantom hunt group, and then using call rerouting, route said hunt group to the primary extension number.

If its the second case, then all you need to do is program a speed dial of the DID and for the actual number part, put in the extension you want the DID to ring on.

We are using the 1st scenario with DID #'s that we have had from the phone company for years.
I did attempt to do the system speed call, but the system would not allow it as the number is in use elsewhere. I have not yet wiped out the VM on the phone I want to point to the other VM.
I'm going for a short term fix while a dept restructures/rehires, but the did I want to have go into another vm will be vacant for a while.  The bad part is that this number is heavily published and gets a lot of calls.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »
There are a few ways of doing this, as shown by bluewhite4. But the most simple way is on the Nupoint itself, if you add xxx-3026 as an additional number on the mailbox of xxx-3019, then when calls from xxx-3026 go into voicemail, it will be delivered to xxx-3019's mailbox.

Offline bwhoffman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
There are a few ways of doing this, as shown by bluewhite4. But the most simple way is on the Nupoint itself, if you add xxx-3026 as an additional number on the mailbox of xxx-3019, then when calls from xxx-3026 go into voicemail, it will be delivered to xxx-3019's mailbox.
I pretty much follow you here...
so I put the ext where I want it to land as alt ext 1. Do I remove the ext # from the top line, which is the ext of the phone we are sending to the alt ext1?

I appreciate your assistance!

Brett

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
No, you'll need to have both of them in there. Otherwise if someone internally calls the extension, the voicemail won't know how what mailbox to put that caller in.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10