Author Topic: SIP trunk licensing  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
SIP trunk licensing
« on: March 03, 2020, 10:35:18 AM »
Hello, I already have a couple systems using a SIP trunk, however the client wouldn't fork for 2 MBGs so there is only one, connected to two SBCs from the telco.

Now I'm looking at going from E1s to SIP for our main systems, with about 250 channels, this time with at least 2 MBGs, but to complicate matters, 2 telcos.

When everything is working, all calls from a cluster of 5-6 MiVBs (ISS with thousands users each) would route through MiVB 1, to MBG 1, connected to telco 1.
MiVB 2 would be set up with MBG 2, connected to another equipment from telco 1 (maybe another fiber, maybe in another datacenter, it's not decided yet).

In case telco 1 completely fails, I'm thinking I want a third MBG (MBG 3) connected to telco 2, to MiVB 1 or 2.

I know I need SIP trunk licenses for the MiVB, and the MBG. I think I can't share the MiVB licenses, so I'd need 250 for MiVB1, and 250 for MiVB2, right ?

For the MBGs, I can cluster at least MBG1&2 and share 250 SIP channels, right ?

Can I also share with MBG3 ?

Alternatively, should I set up telco 2 on the same MBG1&2 cluster ? The cost of a third MBG is no issue, but the licenses, that's another story.

Thanks for your advice.

As an aside, our E1s are already emulated through SIP on fiber by the telcos, so I'm not even convinced all this makes much sense.

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: SIP trunk licensing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »
SIP Trunk licenses on the MBG are shared between all members of the cluster, and are only consumed by an active SIP call.

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 08:19:28 AM »
I will look again at the doc but from memory can you tell me if I can cluster the three MBGs, with each MBG still having its own configuration (especially two telcos) ?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 11:10:14 AM »
I will look again at the doc but from memory can you tell me if I can cluster the three MBGs, with each MBG still having its own configuration (especially two telcos) ?
This works fine... We had several clustered MBG's across the globe, two in the US, one in Ireland, and one in India, all with SIP trunks from different carriers and the ones in Ireland and the US had multiple SIP carriers. There was no problem setting this up.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10