Author Topic: Old Your Assistant 5.0 and multiple connection types  (Read 2112 times)

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
Old Your Assistant 5.0 and multiple connection types
« on: November 19, 2010, 12:52:05 PM »
Will using a Network Adapter on your laptop, a docking station, and a wireless broadband card cause issues with using Your Assistant, Teleworker, and Certificate Management?  Each device will have a different MAC address correct?

I have a client who seems to be having an issue each time they switch mediums.  My personal laptop doesn't have this issue. I can use YA with my lan connection, wireless connection, and even my T-Mobile tethered G1 using PDAnet. I don't have to reissue a certificate.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Old Your Assistant 5.0 and multiple connection types
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 11:55:34 PM »
The certificate and therefore the certificate warnings are from the equipment side of the equation, i.e. the teleworker server, the accessing devices MAC plays no part of this.

What issue is your client having? The constant agreement to the certificate?

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 08:19:48 AM »
The issue is this, when he uses his network adapter to reach the teleworker server I have to enable that mac address associated with the request. Then when he plugs in his Verizon Wireless USB Broadband Device a different MAC Address is associated with his laptop.

After I enable the second device (different mac address) his YA asks to send another Certificate Request.  Which I can approve until I revoke the earlier one.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 08:25:41 AM »
Ahh, I'm with you now. He's doing a softphone through the teleworker...

I'd have to look at my system again, but why can't you approve multiple certificates for him?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10