Author Topic: how to stop second line on our phones?  (Read 2022 times)

craxnet

how to stop second line on our phones?
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:34:22 AM »
Hi Mitel Users ...

i have a problem since the first day of our Mitel installation.

all our Mitel Phones (5330 and 5340) have two lines, if one line is busy external callers are still getting a free dial tone when they are calling. And poeple are confused and customers are getting mad.

how to stop that in a general fashion?
we have made call routings in some departmens and send all calls to a special extension, but still too static.

can i make a music on hold when people call from exernal and say the person is busy and they should wait?

but as i know when i send a caller on a this RAD the caller never comes back? and nobody can pull the caller ofthe queue, is this correct?

any help is appreciated!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: how to stop second line on our phones?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 03:44:58 PM »
I think I understand....
If people are on the line, the next call gets a "busy" tone.

There may be a couple of things you can do.   
1- set up a special hunt groups of keys on all the phones.   Then if the person you called is on the line you can forward to those keys.   You can can also add a rad to this group so that if people don't answer they can hear the rad that says "everyone is busy, please hold" and then play music on hold.    I've used this set up before - on a few systems - going all the way back to when the SX2000 light was introduced.   But...  There is an issue with the buttons locking up.  Never been able to prove the cause and Mitel says I'm full of crap but it takes a reboot to resolve.

2- you could forward your calls on a busy to a ring group with multiple phones.  Can't do a rad to music on hold but you can get it answered.

3- forward your calls to VM.

Hopefully that helps.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:34:00 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10