Author Topic: When Paged pagaing group, all phones just beeped  (Read 2801 times)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
When Paged pagaing group, all phones just beeped
« on: August 01, 2012, 11:15:24 AM »
I set up 4 paging groups, all were successful except for the last one I tested.  When I tested this last one, activated the page, saw it displayed on the phone (Paging 2) but all that users heard was the beep (the sound that's made when initiating the page) it's like an indicator to let you know you can start your page.  I was talking but no one heard me, they just the a beep.  There are 108 members in this group.

Can anyone provide any advise as to what I can do to make this work properly?  Thanks.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: When Paged pagaing group, all phones just beeped
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:04 AM »
Um what type of controller do you have, and what software version? Because 108 ip phones in a page group is way over the 32/64 limit. (Even though the controller will let you add more in there then you should.)

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »
5.0 SP1 PR1
Platform MXe, 512MB of RAM

I thought you can have up to 250 members per Page Group.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »
No, system max is 32 members in a CX or regular MXe, and 64 in an expanded MXe with a second processor.

I believe its only 250 if your running on an ISS server.

From 39 page of the engineering guide:
"On most systems, this will be less than the physically provisioned limit of E2T channels. Paging groups should be
configured with this limit in mind. Limit the number of members in a page group to:
32 for MXe (base) controllers
64 for AX, LX, expanded MXe, and MXe Server controllers.

Note that in the CX/CXi and AX systems the number of available echo cancelers might be far below the numbers shown here, depending on the specific combination of MMCs installed."

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:56:26 PM »
Blue White4

Interesting because one of my page groups has 56 and 47 members and paging worked group.

I'll just break it up less members in a group.

Thanks.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »
Yes, I would expect that to work actually. Like I said, the system won't prevent you from putting more than the 32 or 64 phones in a page group, but doing so takes more resources from the E2T and can cause other issues with your system. Or if your system is in a high use period and you try to page more than 32, it won't have enough E2T resources to page to all the devices. Which is probably when you tried to page to 108 phones, no one heard your audio.

Offline xrds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 03:21:33 PM »
I'll stick with 32 to be on the safe side for the rest of the paging groups I need to setup.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10