Author Topic: Voice Quality Statistics report  (Read 3114 times)

Offline dporod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: Voice Quality Statistics report
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 02:18:49 PM »

Thank you, where you normally download the IP Phone Analyzer from? Mitel?
Yes... Software Download Center -> MiVoice Business

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Hi, for the life of me I can't find the download site on mitel.com
You have to login to connect.mitel.com

You must be a vendor or certified technician.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks for helping. I do appreciate it.

This is why I really l don't like this model of support. I'm a customer/owner/user and can't get access to the tools I want to use. What does it take to become a certified technician?

Offline dporod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 02:23:02 PM »
On the other hand, if you are investigating "QoS issues", then this is pretty much out of the control of the phone system anyway, except for:
 - the DHCP option given to the phone contains both Layer2 (CoS) and Layer3 (DSCP) values - make sure these are right.
 - the controller similarly should have these same codes on it.

Anything else to do with QoS, you should be looking at the network: find the bottlenecks, ensure QoS is configured to prioritise the values the phones are using.

Oh we are working on the network:) Using the phones as probes and sending "QoS" measurements to the server with IP Phone Analyzer installed on it would help us do that work.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 03:28:19 PM »

This is why I really l don't like this model of support. I'm a customer/owner/user and can't get access to the tools I want to use. What does it take to become a certified technician?
You must be sponsored by an authorized dealer, and go to the certification class and pass... Better to just get them to download it for you and give it to you.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »

You must be sponsored by an authorized dealer, and go to the certification class and pass... Better to just get them to download it for you and give it to you.

I'm not sure that the phone system stats are the most useful measurements. The phone system can't see how the packets are prioritised on the network.
On Cisco switches for example, after setting up each new site for one organisation, I recall my testing step included getting a call up site-to-site, recording subjective testing, then after hanging up doing a "show mls qos stats" on the switch on each site to see that the voice packets had been sent to the priority queue and the non-voice packets had been sent in queue 0.

Do you have a general description of the problem being experienced?

Offline dporod

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 01:51:42 PM »

I'm not sure that the phone system stats are the most useful measurements. The phone system can't see how the packets are prioritised on the network.
On Cisco switches for example, after setting up each new site for one organisation, I recall my testing step included getting a call up site-to-site, recording subjective testing, then after hanging up doing a "show mls qos stats" on the switch on each site to see that the voice packets had been sent to the priority queue and the non-voice packets had been sent in queue 0.

Do you have a general description of the problem being experienced?

We use the show mls qos stats command and it does show that the packets are being queued to the priority properly and not dropped by the switch.

However if the packet was "lost" after leaving the switch (such as a dirty fiber connection) this would not show up in the show mls qos stats. However it would be shown as missing by something keeping track of the packet stream, such as a phone. The phone then sends the stats to a logging device like the Mitel (Voice Quality Statistics report) or alternatively the IP Phone Analyzer server.

We do get drops on some calls. Some may be due to qos. Some may not.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10