Author Topic: Aastra (Meridian?) 9316 - how to change from pulse to tone?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Fergal Scott

• View Profile
Aastra (Meridian?) 9316 - how to change from pulse to tone?
« on: January 18, 2019, 11:42:18 AM »
Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong forum.  I purchased a replacement Aastra 9316.  I've spent several days combing the internet and even found and dl  2 versions of the manual for this particular model, but nothing in all this has yielded a solution.

I'm not an IT professional or anything, just an individual who loves this model of Aastra.  I still have my old one that I bought _RE-FURBISHED_ in 1996 and it still works great, only a couple of buttons acting up a bit, but which makes active phoning life challenging - enough to find replacement one that I just received at the beginning of January.  (The old one will still be a great secondary phone for one of the other rooms!)

If this forum is okay, does anyone know how to change from pulse to tone?  This one is set to pulse and I know there's a way to make the switch so that the speed dial buttons work.  I only had to do it the one time in August 1996 when I first bought the old phone, but don't remember how, only that it was super easy to do!  I contacted the Amazon seller yesterday by telephone, too, as they kindly provided a 1-800 #, but although super nice and helpful, they just deal with selling this type of old stock and don't have in-depth user knowledge of each product.

If I'm not in the right forum for this legacy product, please also let me know.  But thank you in advance for any help in this regard.

Cheers!

F.

Offline Fergal Scott

• View Profile
Re: Aastra (Meridian?) 9316 - how to change from pulse to tone?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 12:43:46 PM »
Hello!

Anyone?

Or, if this is not a good forum for this type of question, can anyone suggest where a user can go to find the solution?  Googling brings up nothing.  And I know folks are reading this due to # of views (just no replies <g>).

Thank you!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 06:43:07 PM »
I'd say most of the users who have viewed your post aren't familiar with the phone model (myself included) and don't want to advise on a product they know nothing about.

It looks like it could also be Nortel branded, you could try a Nortel forum?

Offline bojo387

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:23:43 PM »
I searched and found that in the manuals, it doesn't indicate there is a switch on the unit itself to change from pulse to tone. Sorry, if it is not much help.

Offline Fergal Scott

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 10:16:57 AM »
Thanks for the replies!

I will try the Nortel forums option next.  Apologies in late reply but R/L got in the way and was waiting to see if anyone else knew.  This continues to be a huge problem; and although phone may be analogue, it's a great phone!  I remember there was a way to swtich over even when there is no actual hardware switch for it but in the 20 years since I got that first, original model, have forgotten that long ago button combination that I did just the first and one time to make the swtich over! <g>

Thanks once again!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 10:20:19 AM by Fergal Scott »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10