Author Topic: redirect to main greeting?  (Read 3015 times)

Offline mayerfeld

• View Profile
redirect to main greeting?
« on: November 05, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »
Our calls come in to various DID numbers in different departments. Every once in a while someone calls in for the wrong department.  I'd like to be able to have the multi-level auto attendant send the call to the main greeting when they hit "9" say, and have it go through the list of departments or press 9 for dialing by alpha.

What "extension" can I put in for that node so calls are routed back to that top level greeting?  the default extension that rings it is 300, but it doesn't accept 300 as a mailbox/extension, saying , quite rightly, it doesn't exist...

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: redirect to main greeting?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:11:08 PM »
  I don't know that I have all the details, but you might be able to set 9 as a single number Xfer only mailbox to send the call somewhere else....

-Chak

Offline mayerfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »
Thanks, but no , that's not the issue. I can set up single digit transfer, but the question  is where to send it?
How do I send the call to the main voicemail?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:16:09 AM »
What if you set 9 as a transfer mailbox to a hunt group that's call re-routed always to the voicemail pilot number? As long as the phantom hunt group doesn't itself have a voicemail box, it should just play the main auto-attendant greeting I think.

Offline mayerfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 08:42:29 AM »
bluewhite, can you give me that idea broken down a little more? I am tech-savvy, but a bit of a newbie.
Thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 09:53:02 AM »
Sure, you'll first need to create a "phantom" hunt group, with no members. It can be any unused directory number, and probably something outside your typical extension range. One thing you'll have to test is if the hunt group type should be voice or nametag. I'm suspecting you'll want nametag, but I've had issues with that in the past.

Next, in the call re-routing forms always form you'll need to create a voicemail re-direct number. (This may already exist, and if so, no reason to re-invent the wheel.) Pick an unused reference number, set all the options to "this" and put the voicemail pilot number as the directory number. Now go into Call Re-routing assignment, and set Day/Night1/Night2 to the reference number you just created.

Now if you call your phantom hunt group, it should ring to voicemail and play the auto-attendant greetings.

Finally, you need to create your "9" voicemail box. When creating, you need to set the mailbox type to 'transfer only.' Your mailbox number would be 9 and the extension number would be your newly created phantom hunt group. {Keep in mind that if 9 is used by your auto-attendant for the dial-by-name directory, you'll have to use something else.}

Offline mayerfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:27 AM »
That worked! There are two recordings that play before it gets there: "You are being transferred to ['autoattendant']" and the voicemail for that new box which I recorded to say "Sorry no one is available to take your call" but it works!
thanks!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10