Author Topic: Do Not want Voicemail on Certain Extensions  (Read 5142 times)

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
Do Not want Voicemail on Certain Extensions
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:36:17 AM »
I don't know if I am in the right place or not but I hope so. The problem that I am having is that the analyst that does our Nupoint is currently on leave so I am trying to pickup were he left off, as well I just finished my MCD 4.1 I & M Basic so I am pretty much a N00B.

What the problem is that I am employed by a Health Region who we are currently working in switching over 13 sites this year alone to VoIP. I need the nursing stations phones to ring continously and not be routed back to voicemail. These extensions do not have voicemail setup on the Nupoint so when a user calls the auto attendant and either enters the extension or by prompt goes to the station the phone rings 5 times and goes to the messaging centre which I do not want. I have created a separate COS for these phones and made sure the Call Routing is all set to normal. I have adjusted the Call Forward No Answer timer to 56 seconds, the No Answer Recall timer to 58 seconds and in the System options I have changed the Call Rerouting Timer to 60 seconds. So far non of this has worked.

So my theory is that I missing something on the Nupoint Call Flow when it blind transfers to these extensions?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Do Not want Voicemail on Certain Extensions
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:58:29 PM »
I think you said you did this but be sure there is no call rerouting on the phone.
Next thing is to be sure there is no call forwarding on the phone.  In maintenace do a loc fe <ext>.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:03:31 PM by ralph »

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »
Ran the locate feature extension command and no there is no features enabled on this extension...

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
  Do Ralph's first suggestion - look at the Call ReRoute 1st/2nd alternates.  They should be normal.

-Chak

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
the call rerouting on these ext are set to 1 which has everything as normal.. sorry should have mentioned that

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 01:30:39 PM »
I suspect it's the No Answer Recall timer.     But on which COS?

Change the No Answer recall timer on the COS of the trunks it comes in on and see if that changes it.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:03:10 PM by ralph »

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »
Good call Ralph.. I was playing around with the COS that I specified for this groups of phones which works internally.. but I didn't think about trying the COS for the trunks, I did change it and it wokrs still weird though that the phones with no vm will ring continous now with the 200 seconds on the recall no answer timer set on the trunks but it does not effect the phones with vm. Obviously a good thing  :)..

Thanks again

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 07:58:04 PM »
  It has always confused me how the COS of phones and Trunks interact.  Generally just dink around with them until it works as desired :)

-Chak

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 05:03:47 PM »
There are two problems here as I see it:

(1) The phone will eventually recall back to the auto attendant.   You can extend the time out but eventually it will recall back and play the options again.   You could stop that if you really needed by transferring to an hunt group that has a RAD.   As soon as the RAD answers it will no longer recall.

Problem (2)  Somebody ain't answering their phone.   You can create work arounds for problem #1 but you just can't fix stupid.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 05:02:55 PM by ralph »

gilbert8tr

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:15 AM »
I think there no need of voice mail so if you have any suggestions regarding to this so can you please tell me.

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
I assume these are nurse stations?

Is a wireless phone an option?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10