Author Topic: MiVB 9.0  (Read 8425 times)

Offline ghost

• View Profile
Re: MiVB 9.0
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 09:06:14 PM »
The new EX controllers dont support ASUs (you can get an analogue card with 4 extensions)

I swear peoples reluctance to let go of their faxes is going to do me in
Were I am now is not an issue, but my previous roll had 22 faxes in 1 building (of 800 people) where none wanted to let go of their faxes or move to a fax2email solution

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 02:37:53 AM »
Anybody else have a test bench system they have to upgrade in order to test 9.0 before deploying it customers? I do... my old MXe (original) on the bench just isn't going to cut it I guess.

We also have few CX and MXe II controllers on the stock that we can actually throw way :-(

Called Mitel Sales Engineering, no hardware only demo kit... so regular dealer cost.

I asked Mitel to convert our HW demo kit to virtual (like is possible with non demo kits), but the answer was that it was not possible.

Why don't you get refurb CX II on ebay? They are even cheaper than MXe III.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 07:19:23 AM »
We also have few CX and MXe II controllers on the stock that we can actually throw way :-(

I asked Mitel to convert our HW demo kit to virtual (like is possible with non demo kits), but the answer was that it was not possible.

Why don't you get refurb CX II on ebay? They are even cheaper than MXe III.
Honestly, it isn't just about the money... laziness as well. I don't think an MXe database will restore to a CX II with four PRI's (two dual T1/E1 modules, one from telco, three to other systems, it's our test bench "CO") and I don't want to reprogram dozens of phones for sales people's demo kits. Backup the MXe, swap a few hardware modules around, and restore to the new MXe III and should be good.

Considered moving ours to virtual as well, but got the same info from SE... Plus need access to the physical ports.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 07:26:08 AM »
The new EX controllers dont support ASUs (you can get an analogue card with 4 extensions)

I swear peoples reluctance to let go of their faxes is going to do me in
Were I am now is not an issue, but my previous roll had 22 faxes in 1 building (of 800 people) where none wanted to let go of their faxes or move to a fax2email solution
Aren't the "new" EX controllers really just repurposed Aastra controllers so they have some limitations of that hardware? (I don't know, but that was the impression I got)

Yeah, faxes are a nightmare... about 10% of my job is Mitel anymore, and 90% is our hosted Broadsoft platform... So I deal with this daily.

People just will not let go of faxing and sales people are the worst and just keep reinforcing there use... "But they have to have a physical fax line, virtual is too difficult for people to use and emailing attachments is too time consuming" Seriously?!?! If you use email even once in a while, you can send an attachment... And who uses it "once in a while"? Most people I know get dozens to hundreds of emails a day. (Sorry, got ranting there... this is a common discussion we have in our office of why people keep using dead technology)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:53:39 AM by acejavelin »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
Scheduled to be released 9/7/18

After 10 days and still not available for download?

From what I can tell, it looks like the release has been pushed out to October, same time as new releases for a couple other platforms.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »
I think the EX is an Aastra platform. From what I've seen the MCD runs as a vm in it, and talks back to the host cards via sip

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »
I know the migration won't support older controllers, but I was wondering if you had the ram in the older whether an image of an upgrded drive would run. Perhaps using a sata to ide adapter to get this on the drive initially.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:29:58 PM by johnp »

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 03:25:19 AM »
Seems our vendor is out of stock of the 1GB upgrade module...

I checked the availability of the part #50006727 MXE III & CX/I II , 1GB RAM MOD UPGRADE and there are lots on the stock (in UK).

I know the migration won't support older controllers, but I was wondering if you had the ram in the older whether an image of an upgrded drive would run. Perhaps using a sata to ide adapter to get this on the drive initially.

I think the problem here is that the older controllers probably do not support more than 512 MB RAM. You may also try to use some disk imaging tool to copy the disk from a SATA to a PATA drive.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 09:49:37 AM »
Seems our vendor is out of stock of the 1GB upgrade module...

I checked the availability of the part #50006727 MXE III & CX/I II , 1GB RAM MOD UPGRADE and there are lots on the stock (in UK).

I think the problem here is that the older controllers probably do not support more than 512 MB RAM. You may also try to use some disk imaging tool to copy the disk from a SATA to a PATA drive.
I actually ordered an equivalent one by Crucial from Amazon... $17... I'll report back if anyone is interested if it works. The actual Hynix branded one that Mitel says is $300USD MSRP is $7 on Amazon but I couldn't get it with Prime shipping.  It looks like it's a standard 1GB DD2-667 (PC-5300) unbuffered non-ECC SODIMM ram module like old laptops used.

I am guessing the old controller won't work because of RAM limitation as well... Plus 9.0 is a purely Linux based deployment, may be kernel module issues with the old hardware, plus I believe the MXe III/CX II had a newer generation and faster processor than the older hardware.

Offline Sube100

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 11:10:48 AM »
ace, if you could report back about the RAM that would be great  ;D

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »
ace, if you could report back about the RAM that would be great  ;D
Follow this post: http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=11431.0

The memory thing is different than 9.0 stuff, so I made a new thread... My controller and RAM should be in tomorrow, plus I found a Hynix 1GB DDR2-800 at home from an old laptop. If I get a chance I may order a 2GB module just to see if it works (it's like $13 on Amazon) as well.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2018, 05:14:31 PM »
From what I can tell, it looks like the release has been pushed out to October, same time as new releases for a couple other platforms.

Mitel is delighted to announce to announce MiVoice Business R9 is now GA.  For more information on release 9 please read the MiVoice Business R9 bulletin (PB2018Aug1G)

Date: 20th September 2018
Product Bulletin:  PB2018Aug1G
Language:  English

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2018, 08:17:26 PM »
When I first looked at the generic, it was around the time that they were shipping new units with the 1GB. FWIW, the 512 generic worked on the bench without issue. I also don't think there would be any issue installing one in an older system.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 05:51:13 PM »
Has anyone been able to actually migrate to 9.0? I have been trying to do my demo system for two days and it keeps failing with a "Failed to verify software load." error... Opened a ticket with Mitel, but haven't really gotten anywhere with them yet.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2018, 02:02:12 PM »
Has anyone been able to actually migrate to 9.0? I have been trying to do my demo system for two days and it keeps failing with a "Failed to verify software load." error... Opened a ticket with Mitel, but haven't really gotten anywhere with them yet.
Well, my migration is proceeding now... Although it wasn't clear in the documentation, it seems you must specify the repository directory as the directory hosting the folders extracted from the zip.

If the file is MiVB_ppc_image_9.0.0.184.zip and you extract it to C:\MiVB_SW it creates a directory of C:\MiVB_SW\9.0.0.184 and a bunch of sub-directories, but in the migration tool you must point it to "C:\MiVB_SW" and not "C:\MiVB_SW\9.0.0.184" or it will fail.

Took almost 3 days of working with Mitel to figure that out... hopefully it saves someone a headache later. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10