Author Topic: 69xx loud speaker  (Read 1686 times)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
69xx loud speaker
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:38:16 AM »
hi ,

It is possible to switch from loudspeaker to handset only with the key loudspeaker/headset ?

currently , when i take a call with loudspeaker i have to hang up 1 time to switch to handset.

Any idea ?

Thanks.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 69xx loud speaker
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
Sunspark,

Yes, that is how it works by default, but you can change that through the Audio section on the phone.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 04:47:22 AM »
Sunspark,

Yes, that is how it works by default, but you can change that through the Audio section on the phone.

Thanks,

TE

Hi Tech, i'm not sure you can do anything in the audio menu.

It works for you ?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 08:58:30 AM »
sunspark,

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question so I will explain what I am referring to.

Some customers don't want to have to hit the speaker/headset button twice to use their headset. If you go into the Audio settings and I think there is another section in there that will allow you to change it to either Headset or Speaker; it might be audio pathing or something like that.

Is this what you are referring to?

Thanks,

TE

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 09:45:10 AM »
sunspark,

Maybe I am misunderstanding your question so I will explain what I am referring to.

Some customers don't want to have to hit the speaker/headset button twice to use their headset. If you go into the Audio settings and I think there is another section in there that will allow you to change it to either Headset or Speaker; it might be audio pathing or something like that.

Is this what you are referring to?

Thanks,

TE

Hi tech ,

In audio path , you can change loudspeaker to headset if you want to receive calls in the headset.

For my case : when u use loudspeaker if you want to switch to Handset you have the hang up 1 time to switch. ( i want to switch with the same key not by hang up)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 12:51:34 AM »
You switch by picking up the handset, not pressing the key.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 03:22:29 AM »
You switch by picking up the handset, not pressing the key.

When you are in call with handset then you switch to loudspeak with key , if you want to use back the handset you have to hang up.

my Customer want to swith with the key not with hang up.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »
sunspark,

Alright, I finally got back into our office and here is how it works on my lab phone.

If I am using the handset I can press the speaker key and it comes out of the speakerphone without me hanging up. I have a headset on mine so if I press the speaker button again it comes out of the headset.

If I pick up the handset it immediately goes back to the handset if it is on speakerphone.

So, what you are saying is that if the customer moves over the speakerphone from the handset they don't hang the handset back up they just lay it down on their desk or something? Then how does the system supposed to know they want to use the handset as the speaker/headset key just handles the speakerphone capabilities?

Are they wanting something along the lines of group listen, where the user is using the handset, but others can hear the conversation via the speakerphone? I don't think that is a feature of the 3300.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 08:25:29 PM »
sunspark,

Alright, I finally got back into our office and here is how it works on my lab phone.

If I am using the handset I can press the speaker key and it comes out of the speakerphone without me hanging up. I have a headset on mine so if I press the speaker button again it comes out of the headset.

If I pick up the handset it immediately goes back to the handset if it is on speakerphone.

So, what you are saying is that if the customer moves over the speakerphone from the handset they don't hang the handset back up they just lay it down on their desk or something? Then how does the system supposed to know they want to use the handset as the speaker/headset key just handles the speakerphone capabilities?

Are they wanting something along the lines of group listen, where the user is using the handset, but others can hear the conversation via the speakerphone? I don't think that is a feature of the 3300.

Thanks,

TE

Hi. Tech.

When you have handset+headset+speakerphone : yes you can switch form one to another equipment with the speaker key.

But if you have only handset +speakerphone.
When you are in communication with handset. If you hit the speaker key you can use the speakerphone but if you want to go back to the handset. You can t use the speaker key. You have to hang up 1 time to use handset.

Hope it s clear.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 08:44:31 PM »
I think this because by nature (normally) when you change to speaker you would hang up the handpiece.
Then when you want to go back to handpiece you would just lift it, no need to press a key.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 06:51:53 AM »
Why would you want to hit a key to go back to handset when using the speakerphone? The handset would be parked on the set whilst using speakerphone and to go back to it you just lift the handset surely?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 07:09:40 AM »
Sunspark,

Quote from: Sunspark
Hi. Tech.

When you have handset+headset+speakerphone : yes you can switch form one to another equipment with the speaker key.

When you are in communication with handset. If you hit the speaker key you can use the speakerphone but if you want to go back to the handset. You can t use the speaker key. You have to hang up 1 time to use handset.

Hope it s clear.

So, If I understand this correctly, you are stating that the person takes the following steps.

1. Talking on the phone using the handset.
2. Presses Speaker key to go to speakerphone.
3. Puts the handset back in the cradle to depress the hook switch.
4. Picks up the handset, but they have no audio until they press the speaker button?

If that is the case then you need to contact Mitel about possibly having a bad set of phones or incompatible firmware as that is not how the phones are supposed to work.

Thanks,

TE

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »
Sunspark,

Hi. Tech.

Hope it s clear.

So, If I understand this correctly, you are stating that the person takes the following steps.

4. Picks up the handset, but they have no audio until they press the speaker button?

If that is the case then you need to contact Mitel about possibly having a bad set of phones or incompatible firmware as that is not how the phones are supposed to work.

Thanks,

TE

The step :

4. Picks up the handset : i have the audio in the handset.

what i expect :

-
3.Presses speake ket to go back to handset.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2018, 08:38:09 AM »
The step :

4. Picks up the handset : i have the audio in the handset.

That is working as designed.

what i expect :

-

Why? You wont get any audio in the handset till you pick it back up anyway......pressing the speaker key merely adds another step you don't need.....

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 10:48:15 AM »
Sunspark,

what i expect :

-

I get what you are trying to do now, although I don't think it is best practice to train it that way. I do know that the 53xx series phones would perform that way, but then again they just had a speaker button not a speaker/headset button.

I think that is where you are running into issues and I don't believe that there is a resolution for that other than to maybe tell the users to hit the hook switch instead of the speaker button to move back to the handset or have them hang the handset up when they use the speakerphone and then just pick the handset up when they want to go back.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10