Author Topic: UPS for MiVoice Office 250  (Read 1011 times)

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
UPS for MiVoice Office 250
« on: January 29, 2018, 06:30:07 PM »
We have been using Eaton 3S 750, but one of our service guys has been out on a couple calls saying the USB connection is causing Alarm 112  (CPU: Running Low On System Dynamic Memory).  Shutting down the system, removing the USB cable, then restarting the system fixes the problem.  But this leaves no auto shutdown when the power is out and the battery gets low.
Mitel technical support says it is a compatibility issue and told him to check the engineering guidelines for a supported UPS
But engineering guidelines state:
Effective Release 6.0 SP2, monitoring capabilities for previously approved suppliers of UPS units cannot be guaranteed to be compatible with the UPS Monitoring feature.
Anyone have a make/model that is current and working for them?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: UPS for MiVoice Office 250
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:28:04 PM »
First I have heard of a UPS causing Alarm 112... But we have had issues with various 6.0-6.1 softwares throwing Alarm 112, upgrading to current 6.2 seems to fix it unless you are legit running out of memory.

And we have never actually connected a UPS to a 5000, not since like release 2.3 in the mid-2000's at least, because it was flaky even then. Just get a good quality one and setup scheduled backups.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: UPS for MiVoice Office 250
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:55:18 AM »
lowradiation,

I would have to agree with acejavelin on this one as the problem even existed with the APC Smart-UPS series that we use. As long as the UPS provides a good stable pure sine wave then you are good to go and just perform scheduled backups. The system throwing an Alarm 112 isn't something I have seen a little while with the MiVO-250 on the APC, but I think that was fixed in 6.1 as stated previously.

If you buy a UPS that doesn't provide a pure sine wave then you may have issues with the system locking up and resetting on its own. A lot of manufacturers sell a cheaper version that uses square wave, step wave, or a simulated sine wave that doesn't work well with electronics.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10