Author Topic: Propagate incoming Caller ID causing calls to fail  (Read 1256 times)

Offline imperium1

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Propagate incoming Caller ID causing calls to fail
« on: January 19, 2018, 10:26:40 AM »
I'm having a weird problem with a MiVoice 250 using a PRI.
Recently the customer reduced their number of B-Channels from 23 to 14 to help cut costs, they also reduced the number of retained phone numbers. The phones were setup so that the outbound caller ID of their extensions was their name and their Direct Number. A few of them even have their extensions forwarded out to their cell phones, as they are almost never in the office.

About 2 weeks later, they experienced a problem where they were unable to make outbound calls.  Incoming calls were not affected, unless they were forwarded out to a cell phone.  If you dialed an invalid phone number, the tel-co provided the recording saying your call could not be completed. but if you dialed correctly, then you would get about 6 seconds of dead air and reorder tone.  None of the B-Channels would engage. The Tel-co could see the invalid attempts, but could not see any of the failed calls.
Through sheer dumb luck, i found that when i removed the Names off of the outbound caller ID, outbound calls began to work again.  I had to disable the "Propagate outbound caller ID" in order to make calls forwarded to cell phones function.
The customer doesn't like this as calls coming to cell should the main Pilot number instead of the caller, so if the call gets disconnected, they don't know who to call back.

The Tel-co says nothing has changed in the customers account information, and their call screening table is clear.   I can set the outbound caller ID number to anything i want without causing a problem.  But if anything is in the Name section, the call fails.  The Tel-co suggested that if they aren't blocking numbers, why would they block names.

Can anyone think of what could cause this to happen, or some way to propagate the incoming caller ID without the name portion?
Thanks

Offline lowradiation

• View Profile
Re: Propagate incoming Caller ID causing calls to fail
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »
I had a similar problem with a partial PRI connected to a DMS100.  I changed the protocol on the Mitel 250 from DMS100 to NI-2 (even though Telco equipment was a DMS-100)
Also found that there are issues with the 5000 and DMS - attached doc from Mitel knowledge base

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Propagate incoming Caller ID causing calls to fail
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
imperium1,

I think there is some confusion as to how these settings work.

The CP Name and Number fields are only used for making calls from that device. In other words, if you were to make a call directly from that device it would use the CP Name and Number of that device.

Calls being sent to the device with Propagation turned on will send the CP Name and Number of the caller who called in; assuming everything is configured properly.

Typically, if calls fail with Propagation turned on then the carrier is not allowing for Non-native Caller ID information to be passed along. We do not have a carrier that supports the Calling Party Name field so I have no experience with that part, but if you take it out then the Calling Party Name associated with the BTN of the circuit should show up.

I would go back to the carrier and ask if they are allowing for Non-Native Caller ID; most likely they aren't.

As for the Calling Party Name you would have to ask them where they are expecting to see the Calling Party Name within the setup message and verify that with what you are sending out. If they are able to change where they are looking for the Calling Party Name in the setup message then send them a capture of the setup message so they can see where you are putting it.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10