Author Topic: Free SMDR Tracking software  (Read 4680 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Free SMDR Tracking software
« on: December 11, 2014, 08:17:40 AM »
Sr. User sarond found a free call SMDR reporting / tracking package for the 3300.
I thought I would high light it here in this thread.

It has a VMWare appliance that you can download to make things really easy.

simplesmdr.sourceforge.net

If you fire it up and test drive it, please let us know your experience.

Ralph

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Free SMDR Tracking software
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:58:44 AM »
Nice find Ralph. Thanks for sharing!!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:34:37 PM »
Spend some time this morning getting this deployed.

It was built using VMware Workstation, so you'll have to use vCenter converter to get it loaded into ESXi.

Seems to work pretty well. My only issue is that it doesn't appear to be breaking down the SMDR correctly. But it was also loaded in 2010 to Sourceforge, so its possible that it doesn't know about any SMDR changes since then.

I've emailed the creator and will post back if I hear anything.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »
I looked briefly at some of the code.
It would appear that one of the files "connect.pl" could be modified to support downloading traffic files.
If someone has the code skills it would appear to be an easy project.

Ralph

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 06:38:40 PM »

It was built using VMware Workstation, so you'll have to use vCenter converter to get it loaded into ESXi.

Seems to work pretty well. My only issue is that it doesn't appear to be breaking down the SMDR correctly. But it was also loaded in 2010 to Sourceforge, so its possible that it doesn't know about any SMDR changes since then.

Hi Bluewhite4 ,

I installed today the vm Appliance on oracle virtualbox , but i received nothing from my ipbx ( vMCD ) in the web page , i changed the pbx ip and port (1752)

do you know what i missed in my conf ?

Thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »

Hi Bluewhite4 ,

I installed today the vm Appliance on oracle virtualbox , but i received nothing from my ipbx ( vMCD ) in the web page , i changed the pbx ip and port (1752)

Thanks

I have a feeling that you don't understand what this thread is about, SMDR (call detail)...

If you want to discuss getting a Mitel VM working in VirtualBox, we can certainly do that but I would suggest starting a new thread.

FYI... I have had this working, running MiVoice Business Express as a VirtualBox guest on a Windows and Linux Host, both on my laptop and a server. Fully licensed, with trunks and phones, and operational. It is completely unsupported by Mitel, but it does work.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 07:05:56 PM »
I think he mean vm as in virtual-machine in reference to the SMDR VMWare appliance that the creator calls the software.

To sunspark, I'm sorry but this was 3 years ago and I honestly only vaguely remember doing this. My first suggestion would be to open a telnet to PBX ip address and the SMDR 1752 port, and watch and make sure that your even outputting SMDR. (Also verify that your SMDR settings are setup.)

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »
I think he mean vm as in virtual-machine in reference to the SMDR VMWare appliance that the creator calls the software.

To sunspark, I'm sorry but this was 3 years ago and I honestly only vaguely remember doing this. My first suggestion would be to open a telnet to PBX ip address and the SMDR 1752 port, and watch and make sure that your even outputting SMDR. (Also verify that your SMDR settings are setup.)

Hi.

Yes i already try telnet and i receive all smdr ticket.

I have a sip peer so maybe vm simplesmdr appliance work only with Pri.
My customer have zero budget this is why i try to make it works.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 07:54:03 PM »

Hi Bluewhite4 ,

Thanks

I have a feeling that you don't understand what this thread is about, SMDR (call detail)...

If you want to discuss getting a Mitel VM working in VirtualBox, we can certainly do that but I would suggest starting a new thread.

FYI... I have had this working, running MiVoice Business Express as a VirtualBox guest on a Windows and Linux Host, both on my laptop and a server. Fully licensed, with trunks and phones, and operational. It is completely unsupported by Mitel, but it does work.

Acejavlin.. I know exactly what im talking about. (i loaded simplesmdr vm appliance on orzcle virtualbox....  ;)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 07:55:30 PM »

Hi Bluewhite4 ,

Thanks

Acejavlin.. I know exactly what im talking about. (i loaded simplesmdr vm appliance on orzcle virtualbox....  ;)
Fair enough... I just misunderstood it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 08:12:40 PM »

Hi Bluewhite4 ,

Thanks

Fair enough... I just misunderstood it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

No problem my friend. Any help will appreciated

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »
Is SMDR enabled in all your COS and also SMDR form set correctly.

First thing to test is use standard Telnet and connect to vMVD on port 1752, see if you get any output.

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 04:15:38 AM »
Is SMDR enabled in all your COS and also SMDR form set correctly.

First thing to test is use standard Telnet and connect to vMVD on port 1752, see if you get any output.

Yes sarond this is the first thing i checked.
Cos ok  and telnet to 1752 ok witch smdr tickets
I dont nkow if i have set trunk and extensions in simplesmdr. Also in other post i think that ralph said : maybe it works only with PRI but im not sure

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10