Author Topic: Call ReRoute First Alternative External  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
Call ReRoute First Alternative External
« on: November 27, 2017, 04:04:02 AM »
Hi all,

I've got a 3300 CX II running 7.0 SP1 PR1 and am having a little issue with a reroute to external. Unfortunately I don't have a test system anymore so was wondering if any of you fine chaps could try this for me too. Or if you know if this is a design feature :)

The customer is using ISDN (T1/E1) and they requested that after x number of rings, they would like external DID calls to forward on to their mobile phone on no answer. So, I've programmed system speed calls that translate to mobile numbers, created first Alternative indexes and tested with the user. no dice.

when calling the speed call internally, it translates and rings through fine.

Looking at a CCS trace, I can't see the call even attempting to reroute, it just continues ringing on the set.

I've checked the COS on the trunks and sets and both are allowed call forward external and public to public trunks access is allowed.

This is technically tromboning, but I would have thought I had covered all the bases to get this working.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Call ReRoute First Alternative External
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 04:29:23 AM »
Did you tick 'overrides toll control' in the speed call? Are you trying to pass through the number that is calling your DID in the first place? That may well not be allowed by your service provider? There is setting to stop this or if you want this then you need to speak to your line provider. Although I would have thought the call would just fail in both cases??

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 08:39:02 AM »
After setting the Call Reroute First Alternative to the speed calls you created have you assigned those to the base extension in the Call Rerouting form?

Also what kind of handsets are you using? Users can enable call forward-no answer external on many types of devices.

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57:00 AM »
After setting the Call Reroute First Alternative to the speed calls you created have you assigned those to the base extension in the Call Rerouting form?

Also what kind of handsets are you using? Users can enable call forward-no answer external on many types of devices.

Thanks for your reply Zulu, indeed I have set the index's to the extension numbers in the call rerouting form. Previously they had a first alternative index for Voice mail which works fine.

They're using 5340's, I didn't think about setting it from the handsets actually. I'll give that a whirl using the call forwarding profiles form, as I can still centrally manage it that way.

Did you tick 'overrides toll control' in the speed call? Are you trying to pass through the number that is calling your DID in the first place? That may well not be allowed by your service provider? There is setting to stop this or if you want this then you need to speak to your line provider. Although I would have thought the call would just fail in both cases??

Thanks X-man,

Yep, toll control is set to yes on the speed calls.
Replace CLID is set to false, which upon reading the variables, means that I am sending the calling party's number rather than the station's CLI on the outbound leg.

I'll try changing that to true so that I am sending the stations ID.

Cheers for the answers both, i'll let you know my results.

Rixy

Offline Ronan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 09:15:11 AM »
As a test, if you simply set up a call forwarding always to a mobile on a phone, and call it from another mobile, does it work ?

Offline Rixy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 08:25:10 AM »
Hi All,

Right, it appears I was dealt a dodgy card.

The users mobile number could not be entered into the call forwarding profiles form, yet is happily entered into a speed call and also is able to be dialled from a set both via the speed call and directly via ARS. But try to enter it somewhere in the system, and it doesn't like it. To get the call forward no answer to work I had to enter the international dial code for the number. Weird!!!!!

So, I can advise that call rerouting external works via the first alternatives form, when your testing user doesn't have a dodgy mobile number. *facepalm*

And sorry for not acknowledging you Ronan, that was a test I was already doing but thank you for the suggestion.

Cheers

Rixy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10