Author Topic: What's new in 6.3  (Read 11957 times)

Offline jdobnerjr

• View Profile
Re: What's new in 6.3
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2018, 10:08:58 AM »
jmarcwsp1,

I don't necessarily agree with your statement there, but I am pretty sure the majority of the R&D is going to the MiVoice Business and not the MiVoice Office. With that being said there would be a noticeable difference in the amount of updates and changes to the respective product lines. We also have to keep in mind the target audience that Mitel believes that each system is designed for.

What features do you think would need to be added to the MiVO-250 to make a "feature-rich" software release for its target audience?

Thanks,

TE

G.722/Wideband audio... Better ability to manage conference calls from 5360 IP Phones (it is a wreck of a phone when making a conference call), more than 12 characters for usernames displayed on phone; ability to show direct-dial number on screen if desired; getting rid of the "OUTGOING" button and standardizing the system like every other system by utilizing "9" as the external line digit; more intuitive voicemail - ability to transfer to VM by using the envelope key and then the extension of the user; changing the redial/conference key to actually work as a conference button - rather than just a redial button; the "X" button does nothing - make that work.  I could go on and on, but Mitel could spend some time and energy putting time into this system and blend it together with the smaller ShoreTel systems for greater sales.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2018, 07:30:56 AM »
G.722/Wideband audio... Better ability to manage conference calls from 5360 IP Phones (it is a wreck of a phone when making a conference call), more than 12 characters for usernames displayed on phone; ability to show direct-dial number on screen if desired; getting rid of the "OUTGOING" button and standardizing the system like every other system by utilizing "9" as the external line digit; more intuitive voicemail - ability to transfer to VM by using the envelope key and then the extension of the user; changing the redial/conference key to actually work as a conference button - rather than just a redial button; the "X" button does nothing - make that work.  I could go on and on, but Mitel could spend some time and energy putting time into this system and blend it together with the smaller ShoreTel systems for greater sales.[/color]

How recent is your certification on this platform?

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »
jdobnerjr,

Well, if you don't mind I will try to answer some of this for you now. I am not sure when you last worked on one of these though.

1. G.722/Wideband audio...: Look under IP Configurations there is a wideband codec called BroadVoice 32 in later versions.

2. Better ability to manage conference calls from 5360 IP Phones (it is a wreck of a phone when making a conference call): Not sure what you mean here as it works the same as all the other 53xx series phones. To be honest it has worked the same way on all phones since the Axxess days.

3. more than 12 characters for usernames displayed on phone: I haven't had too many issues with that limitation to date, but how many would you want to have; 16?

4. ability to show direct-dial number on screen if desired: There is a feature called [Outside Party Call Information has Priority] are you request a feature code to be able to change that on the fly?

5. getting rid of the "OUTGOING" button and standardizing the system like every other system by utilizing "9" as the external line digit: This has been available since the Axxess days as 8 is just a feature code and you can change it to whatever you want it to be; just like ARS is a feature code. Inter-Tel standardized on dial 8 to reduce misdialing 911 which by the way is also a feature code.

6. more intuitive voicemail - ability to transfer to VM by using the envelope key and then the extension of the user: The ability to program the buttons as you want has been around since the Axxess day and didn't change with the 53xx series phones; you can make that a DSS/BLF of Voice Mail if you want.

7. changing the redial/conference key to actually work as a conference button - rather than just a redial button: I am not sure which phone type you are referring to here but it doesn't matter as the features for Redial, Conference, and Transfer are separate in the Axxess on thru to the MiVO-250. There is a Transfer/Conference key on the 3300 is that what you are referring to?

8. the "X" button does nothing - make that work: The X button on the MiVO-250 is preprogrammed to be the Special Key [SPCL], but you can make it whatever you want it to be just like all of the other keys on the phone; except the dial pad keys that is.

I could go on and on, but Mitel could spend some time and energy putting time into this system and blend it together with the smaller ShoreTel systems for greater sales.

I am going to out on a limb here and say that you are most likely a ShoreTel technician that is struggling with this product since it isn't like the other Mitel designed systems; or the ShoreTel systems since they are similar to the Mitel systems.

I am not saying that the MiVO-250 is the greatest system out there, as I don't believe there is one, but I do think it does well for the niche it is designed to work in. They have also started coming out with a few new features in 6.3 that are similar to the 3300; i.e. Direct Page.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2018, 12:22:46 PM »
#TErocks!!

Offline jdobnerjr

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »
jdobnerjr,

Well, if you don't mind I will try to answer some of this for you now. I am not sure when you last worked on one of these though.

1. G.722/Wideband audio...: Look under IP Configurations there is a wideband codec called BroadVoice 32 in later versions.

2. Better ability to manage conference calls from 5360 IP Phones (it is a wreck of a phone when making a conference call): Not sure what you mean here as it works the same as all the other 53xx series phones. To be honest it has worked the same way on all phones since the Axxess days.

3. more than 12 characters for usernames displayed on phone: I haven't had too many issues with that limitation to date, but how many would you want to have; 16?

4. ability to show direct-dial number on screen if desired: There is a feature called [Outside Party Call Information has Priority] are you request a feature code to be able to change that on the fly?

5. getting rid of the "OUTGOING" button and standardizing the system like every other system by utilizing "9" as the external line digit: This has been available since the Axxess days as 8 is just a feature code and you can change it to whatever you want it to be; just like ARS is a feature code. Inter-Tel standardized on dial 8 to reduce misdialing 911 which by the way is also a feature code.

6. more intuitive voicemail - ability to transfer to VM by using the envelope key and then the extension of the user: The ability to program the buttons as you want has been around since the Axxess day and didn't change with the 53xx series phones; you can make that a DSS/BLF of Voice Mail if you want.

7. changing the redial/conference key to actually work as a conference button - rather than just a redial button: I am not sure which phone type you are referring to here but it doesn't matter as the features for Redial, Conference, and Transfer are separate in the Axxess on thru to the MiVO-250. There is a Transfer/Conference key on the 3300 is that what you are referring to?

8. the "X" button does nothing - make that work: The X button on the MiVO-250 is preprogrammed to be the Special Key [SPCL], but you can make it whatever you want it to be just like all of the other keys on the phone; except the dial pad keys that is.

I could go on and on, but Mitel could spend some time and energy putting time into this system and blend it together with the smaller ShoreTel systems for greater sales.

I am going to out on a limb here and say that you are most likely a ShoreTel technician that is struggling with this product since it isn't like the other Mitel designed systems; or the ShoreTel systems since they are similar to the Mitel systems.

I am not saying that the MiVO-250 is the greatest system out there, as I don't believe there is one, but I do think it does well for the niche it is designed to work in. They have also started coming out with a few new features in 6.3 that are similar to the 3300; i.e. Direct Page.

Thanks,

TE

I'm actually a client of TechElectronics!!! :)

Offline edgarquadros

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2021, 01:51:51 PM »
SIP R5.0 Firmware for MiVoice 6900 Phone Family & Mitel 6800 Phone Family Upgrade PDF FAQ

7.1.7 Can 6900 phones be used with any Call Manager?
No. The 6900 firmware is locked so that it will only work with Mitel platforms. If a user attempts to
configure and connect to a third-party server (e.g. Broadsoft) then the SIP accounts will not register.

7.1.8 Are 6800 phones locked if we install R5.0 or still open to all Call Managers?
The 6800 series phones are sold into Open Standards market (Broadsoft, Asterisk etc.) as well as behind
Mitel solutions (MX-ONE, 5000, 400, Telepo, etc.). They will continue to be open and R5.0 does not lock
them to Mitel platforms.

The 6900 series still not work with 3rd party SIP plattforms?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2021, 07:48:26 PM »
SIP R5.0 Firmware for MiVoice 6900 Phone Family & Mitel 6800 Phone Family Upgrade PDF FAQ

7.1.7 Can 6900 phones be used with any Call Manager?
No. The 6900 firmware is locked so that it will only work with Mitel platforms. If a user attempts to
configure and connect to a third-party server (e.g. Broadsoft) then the SIP accounts will not register.

7.1.8 Are 6800 phones locked if we install R5.0 or still open to all Call Managers?
The 6800 series phones are sold into Open Standards market (Broadsoft, Asterisk etc.) as well as behind
Mitel solutions (MX-ONE, 5000, 400, Telepo, etc.). They will continue to be open and R5.0 does not lock
them to Mitel platforms.

The 6900 series still not work with 3rd party SIP plattforms?
Correct, it will not... It only takes to Mitel systems.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10