Author Topic: Mitel 3300 - Twinning with mobile phone  (Read 2321 times)

Offline hegnerd

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 - Twinning with mobile phone
« on: October 05, 2017, 03:18:49 PM »
I hope this is an easy one. I have a few users interested in twinning their mobile phone with their desk phone. I have twinning in place and it works beautifully with one exception. The original "calling number" in not passed to the mobile phone. I did some investigation and I think I have the solution but I wanted to get an endorsement from some-one who has more knowledge on Mitel systems.

I believe the option under Trunks\SIP\SIP Peer Profile\Calling line ID(tab)\Public Calling Party Number Passthrough should be set to Yes for the originating number to be passed to the mobile phone.

Am I correct or am I about to crash the system?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 3300 - Twinning with mobile phone
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 08:03:32 PM »
I hope this is an easy one. I have a few users interested in twinning their mobile phone with their desk phone. I have twinning in place and it works beautifully with one exception. The original "calling number" in not passed to the mobile phone. I did some investigation and I think I have the solution but I wanted to get an endorsement from some-one who has more knowledge on Mitel systems.

I believe the option under Trunks\SIP\SIP Peer Profile\Calling line ID(tab)\Public Calling Party Number Passthrough should be set to Yes for the originating number to be passed to the mobile phone.

Am I correct or am I about to crash the system?
You are probably correct... Make sure your default billing number is set correctly in your zone assignment for your SIP connection and in the default number is set correctly in the SIP peer profile and  it should work. Although, this depends on how the SIP provider does billing, they may see the originating number "not on their network" and deny the call to the mobile if it is long distance for your system.

Nothing here is permanent or irreversible, if it has unexpected consequences, just undo it.

Offline Dogbreath

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 - Twinning with mobile phone
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
Nothing here is permanent or irreversible, if it has unexpected consequences, just undo it.

And if you can't remember what you did, check the Audit Log.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10