Author Topic: Can i still purchase Class A endpoint licenses ?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline roseward

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Can i still purchase Class A endpoint licenses ?
« on: June 30, 2017, 11:13:33 AM »
I'm told Mitel no longer support the 8600 series handsets and therefore do not sell the licenses required anymore ??

Really....

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Can i still purchase Class A endpoint licenses ?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:21:13 AM »
I'm told Mitel no longer support the 8600 series handsets and therefore do not sell the licenses required anymore ??

Really....
Yes, you can still buy them, we literally did a week or two ago anyway... but a Cat D license will work with the 8600 series anyway (at least in 6.1 or newer software, haven't tested on older ones though)

Offline roseward

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:12:09 AM »
Anyone else verify this ? I'm still being told Mitel no longer sell these. Is it possible to buy second hand licenses ??

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:40:05 AM »
Anyone else verify this ? I'm still being told Mitel no longer sell these. Is it possible to buy second hand licenses ??
I can tell you that we last ordered part number 840.0226 (MiVoice Office License - IP Phone Cat A) on 6/13/2017, 4 of them, received them in our license bank on 6/14/2017, assigned them to an application record on 6/16/2017, and had no issues. I have not seen a product or technical bulletin regarding it since then.

Still shows up in CPQ as a configurable/orderable part too...

Not sure why anyone would tell you it isn't available, it sure seems to be although I didn't call our rep to find out for certain.

If you want to have another vendor handle the ordering and applying of licenses, the current vendor can do a AMC record share and allow another vendor to perform the work. Although I have often found in "unusual" situations like this, if you ask for your AMC record to be shared, they often find a way to make things happen (this is often the first step to leaving a provider).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:45:25 AM by acejavelin »

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
Obviously Ace the dealer wants to sell a Mitel IP phone w/ CAT D instead of a refurbished 8622/8662 w/ CAT A.  Nonetheless the dealer should not lie to the customer.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 12:21:15 AM »
Obviously Ace the dealer wants to sell a Mitel IP phone w/ CAT D instead of a refurbished 8622/8662 w/ CAT A.  Nonetheless the dealer should not lie to the customer.
Yeah, I know... it's deplorable. I would find another vendor.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10