Author Topic: Third Party Single User Provider with Call Record  (Read 3243 times)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Third Party Single User Provider with Call Record
« on: June 12, 2017, 01:38:53 PM »
I have a bit of of unusual request from a customer.
They have a 3300.  They record all their calls.  They need to have a handful of external users with call record.
Now you may think that they could use an MBG and you'd be correct but, (and I kid you not) it will take 9 months to a year to get through their security processes.  They need this sooner than that.

My first thought is there would be a third party hosted user with automatic call record like Oaisys. 
Or they could use a softphone on their desktop with built in call record to a third party like Vonage or something.

Or, and I don't know if this is possible, could they do it with call twinning?

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Ralph

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Single User Provider with Call Record
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:04:04 PM »
without an MBG, how are these "external users" connected to the 3300 today?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 04:52:59 PM »

They're not.  Right now, when they make sales calls that have to  be recorded, they call someone in the office and have them conference in and then mute so the call can be recorded.

I think I've found my answer.  Vonage does what I'm looking for.  Hosted with recording rules.  http://bit.ly/2sUQySm

Ralph

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
Ralph,

I have a MiVO-250 user that does this with Google Voice. They send their calls via DEE with Human Answer Supervision Off to their Google Voice number which then calls their Cell Phone and Records the call. I don't know how well it works, but it seems to be the same thing you have figured out with Vonage. I think it also creates a transcript of the call for them as well.

Thanks,

TE

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »
Ralph,

I have a MiVO-250 user that does this with Google Voice. They send their calls via DEE with Human Answer Supervision Off to their Google Voice number which then calls their Cell Phone and Records the call. I don't know how well it works, but it seems to be the same thing you have figured out with Vonage. I think it also creates a transcript of the call for them as well.

Thanks,

TE

That sounds like it would work for incoming calls.  They need outbound calling.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 08:58:46 AM »
Part of me says do it right, propose an MBG and teleworker devices and reiterate to them that this is the CORRECT way to do it... if they really NEED it badly enough, they will get the process fast-tracked or find an acceptable alternative which may or may not be temporary. It is not uncommon for us to bring in a completely separate internet connection just for voice, plug that into WAN, connect LAN to voice VLAN port, and you're done.

Doing stuff half-assed often leads to more problems then it's worth, then again, the other part of me says do whatever you can to make it work to help the customer. 

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 09:46:52 AM »

They're not.  Right now, when they make sales calls that have to  be recorded, they call someone in the office and have them conference in and then mute so the call can be recorded.

I think I've found my answer.  Vonage does what I'm looking for.  Hosted with recording rules.  http://bit.ly/2sUQySm

Ralph

that works, of course, but then the sales guy is calling (and getting called) from some private number and not to corporate number. If that's acceptable, fine.

I find it kinda hard to believe installing an MBG and doing it right would be a problem, given that this company seems to have pretty strict recording rules. The only experienced I've had with such entities is usually due to legal requirements (trading, 911 centers, law firms, etc).

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »

Ralph

that works, of course, but then the sales guy is calling (and getting called) from some private number and not to corporate number. If that's acceptable, fine.

I find it kinda hard to believe installing an MBG and doing it right would be a problem, given that this company seems to have pretty strict recording rules. The only experienced I've had with such entities is usually due to legal requirements (trading, 911 centers, law firms, etc).

They will buy an MBG.  That's not the problem. 
The problem is that it will take months to get through all the hoops to get it installed.
They need a solution sooner.
The only calls that need to be recorded are business calls, so no issues there.

Ralph

Offline sunspark

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 05:23:35 PM »

Ralph

They will buy an MBG.  That's not the problem. 
The problem is that it will take months to get through all the hoops to get it installed.
They need a solution sooner.
The only calls that need to be recorded are business calls, so no issues there.

Ralph

It takes me 1 day to install MBG (only for SRC ) with Mivoice call recorder.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:34 AM »
It wasn't a technical problem getting it installed.
It's a problem with their internal administration's change control.

Ralph

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 01:17:33 PM »
It wasn't a technical problem getting it installed.
It's a problem with their internal administration's change control.

Ralph
So, it's okay to loop their business calls through a third party (Vonage, google) to do recording but it's not okay to setup their own recorder and keep the calls internal?

I don't envy you. :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10