Author Topic: T1/E1 framer card trouble  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Fuji

• View Profile
T1/E1 framer card trouble
« on: June 02, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »
Hy everyone, I ‘been watching this blog and I found it very nice. And here it is a problem that I have. I have a 3300 ICP controller with a T1/E1 framer card installed in module 1, in port 1 it has a public link that works perfectly but in port 2 it has another public link but in this case it works for about 15 minutes after a manual reset, it’s led keep flashing in green and then it goes down. So in the error logs it appears like this… D channel module 1 port 2 down! So I need a little help in here, I’ll appreciate it a lot. thanks

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: T1/E1 framer card trouble
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 09:08:39 AM »
What is the result of a DTSTAT READ <PLID> of the 2nd PRI before/after it goes out? What is your NETSYNC STATE and SUMMARY at this time? Are both PRI's from the same carrier?

If you just unplug the cable in port 2 and wait a minute and reconnect it, does the PRI come back online? If so, it is likely a timing source issue or slowly building up errors from the carrier.

TBH, 99% of the time PRI/T1 issues are not in the Mitel system, especially if they come up and work for a while then fail. I would suggest getting the carrier to come in and throw a Tberd on the circuit and see if they can maintain an error free link for over 15 minutes.

Offline Fuji

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 09:17:43 AM »
acjavelin thanks for your quick anwer. I'm newer working with Mitel so the only I can say is that I unplug the conector from port 2 and after a few minutes I reconect it again and the trouble was the same. yes they boht are from the same carrier. where I can see the result of a DTSTAT READ <PLID>. thanks anyway

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 09:33:15 AM »
acjavelin thanks for your quick anwer. I'm newer working with Mitel so the only I can say is that I unplug the conector from port 2 and after a few minutes I reconect it again and the trouble was the same. yes they boht are from the same carrier. where I can see the result of a DTSTAT READ <PLID>. thanks anyway
DTSTAT is a maintenance command... you would go to Maintenance Commands and it would be something like DTSTAT READ 7 1 3 1 (replace 7 1 3 1 with the PLID of the second port of the T1 card), this will tell you the errors seen on the circuit.

Since this only seems to work at an initial boot, and not if you disconnect/reconnect the circuit, I have to think there is something else going on here. I would suggest getting your vendor and/or carrier to look into the problem.

Offline Fuji

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 08:39:18 AM »
sorry for taking so long to answer, but thanks anyway, the problem is fixed, it was a public carrier problem, the PBX hasn't any trouble.
thanks again

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »
Another useful command for the MMC framer cards is "EDT SHOW LINK STATUS ALL" which will show you the layer 1 and layer 2 stats on the circuits. Layer 1 indicates things like red, blue, or yellow alarm, and layer 2 will show you the status of the D channel on an ISDN circuit.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10