Author Topic: Calls on Hold  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Calls on Hold
« on: May 26, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »
Guys,

What controls the call after it is put on hold.

The issue I have is a customer puts a call on hold. The hold timer expires [60 sec] and then sits there and rings indefinitely until they answer it. It does not go anywhere is the person called their DID prior to being put on hold.

As I am new to the 3300 I have no idea what timers react with each other. In my thinking the caller should go to either the users Attendant or to Voice Mail if they don't get picked up after a specified amount of time, but I have no idea what the options are.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Calls on Hold
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 11:08:49 AM »
Guys,

The issue I have is a customer puts a call on hold. The hold timer expires [60 sec] and then sits there and rings indefinitely until they answer it. It does not go anywhere is the person called their DID prior to being put on hold.

As I am new to the 3300 I have no idea what timers react with each other. In my thinking the caller should go to either the users Attendant or to Voice Mail if they don't get picked up after a specified amount of time, but I have no idea what the options are.

Thanks,

TE
In the holding phone's COS, If Use Called Party Call Hold Timer is set to yes, then the Call Hold timer of the set's COS is used, if it is set to no then the Call Hold timer of the trunk's COS is used.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 11:44:00 AM »
Acejavelin,

Alright, so I looked in the COS for the users and found that Called Party Call Hold Timer = Yes and the Call Hold Timer is set to 60 secs.

This part of the scenario seems to work as expected, but what determines how the call is handled after the Call Hold Timer is up? In my thinking it would be some sort of Recall Timer, but if that is the case what is supposed to happen when the Recall Timer expires; currently the call remain ringing the phone?

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »
Acejavelin,

Alright, so I looked in the COS for the users and found that Called Party Call Hold Timer = Yes and the Call Hold Timer is set to 60 secs.

This part of the scenario seems to work as expected, but what determines how the call is handled after the Call Hold Timer is up? In my thinking it would be some sort of Recall Timer, but if that is the case what is supposed to happen when the Recall Timer expires; currently the call remain ringing the phone?

Thanks,

TE
It sits there ringing and displaying "RINGING YOU BACK" pretty much forever... it is a recall call now and cannot be rerouted (except ACD agents, special case).

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 02:32:53 PM »
Acejavelin,

So, that is the way it is supposed to work? Well I guess I will stop trying to send it someplace else.

I keep getting, "The old system used to be able to do that why can't the new one. Are we going backwards with this new one?"

On that note I guess I will have to hold my tongue again.

Thanks,

TE

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 02:42:25 PM »
Acejavelin,

So, that is the way it is supposed to work? Well I guess I will stop trying to send it someplace else.

I keep getting, "The old system used to be able to do that why can't the new one. Are we going backwards with this new one?"

On that note I guess I will have to hold my tongue again.

Thanks,

TE
Yup, that is how it works... TBH, I hear that all the time too, most people that move from the 5000 to the 3300 HATE IT and what it can or can't do.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »
In all fairness all systems have their strengths and weaknesses.

Don't think I have seen a perfect system yet :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 07:26:02 AM »
Sarond,

To be honest I believe that I have just been spoiled on the 5000. That combined with what the 3300 techs at our office say about the 3300 being made me believe that it was as capable in all respects; to my disappointment.

Don't get me wrong there are many things I like about the 3300 that I wish the 5000 could as well so it does go both ways.

Thanks,

TE

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 09:27:06 AM »
Guys,

........ In my thinking the caller should go to either the users Attendant or to Voice Mail if they don't get picked up after a specified amount of time, but I have no idea what the options are.

Thanks,

TE

this might be a very naive question but why on earth would you not deal with the call that has been placed on hold?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »
this might be a very naive question but why on earth would you not deal with the call that has been placed on hold?
I think the point is other systems deal with it, or at least give you an option to do something with a recalled call, Mitel 5000 systems allow you to set a recall point, ESI systems will forward it to voicemail, Digium allows them to forward to the no answer point, etc. but the MiVB has no such option, it just sits there.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »
I think the point is other systems deal with it, or at least give you an option to do something with a recalled call, Mitel 5000 systems allow you to set a recall point, ESI systems will forward it to voicemail, Digium allows them to forward to the no answer point, etc. but the MiVB has no such option, it just sits there.
Ok, fair enough

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 07:43:42 PM »

Just because another system handles a recall from hold, doesn't mean that the user should let it go and shirk responsibilty

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 03:52:28 AM »

Just because another system handles a recall from hold, doesn't mean that the user should let it go and shirk responsibilty

Yep, that's what I was eluding to...not the technology at fault here. If anything a system that allowed some alternative answer point is really adding to the misery to caller even though the called person feels bliss goes they don't need to attend to that annoying held call ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10