Author Topic: Interact with Web API  (Read 1510 times)

Offline ctk2003

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Interact with Web API
« on: May 26, 2017, 10:13:37 AM »
We have Mitel Contact Center Solutions version 7.1.2.

We'd like the IVR to interact with web service methods (API) set up by our database provider.

How can that be done?

Thanks

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
Re: Interact with Web API
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 09:49:15 AM »
assuming you have premium IVR (pre rel 8) you can use the execute activity to do this.
It supports some native web call console but this has been very limited in my experience. So if you don't control the web call and able to modify it, you may have to use some middleware like windows scripting to do this. Simply put, use windows scripting to do the web call and let your IVR interface to the scripting for requests and responses.

Offline ctk2003

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 12:32:18 PM »
Not sure what you mean "premium IVR (pre rel :) you can use the execute activity to do this"

Thanks

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 01:00:08 PM »
No other way to explain what I said already other than MiCC pre release 8 came with IVR ports on different levels. What you are trying to do with IVR ports is to "integrate" to some backend. For this you need IVR premium ports. These ports will allow you to build a workflow and have access to the execute activity which is what you need for the integration.
Are you an end user or technician?

Offline ctk2003

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 11:46:48 AM »
Thanks for your detailed reply.

I am an end user, but I'm the IT Director for our office, so I'm interested in the technical details.

It looks like we need to upgrade and then go from there.

Thanks again.

Offline eugenej

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 12:41:25 PM »
I see.

You have a couple of choices. Some of this might be region specific but I think for the most part would be accurate.

If you don't have any IVR licenses (as in any level of) then you need to purchase the premium port on version 7- IF version 7 parts are still available in your region that is. I don't think so though.

You can upgrade to release 8 and then purchase IVR ports (note in release 8 IVR port levels are no more, they are just called IVR ports). As a side, if you own MiCC Enterprise it will convert to MiCC Contact Center and some "IVR" ports are included free of charge. Note I put "IVR" ports in quotes since technicaly they are called Messaging and Routing and are free with the Contact Center base (there is also a workgroup version and it is not free in that base version). Messaging and routing won't do what you want though so you need the full IVR port.

If you do have IVR ports on release 7 then anything above advanced I think will convert to full IVR ports in release 8 so you wouldn't have to purchase them again.

Ok that is a lot and probably confusing. Best you chat to a Mitel rep in your region ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10