Author Topic: 911< CPN Subsition, CESID, and Service Providers  (Read 4075 times)

Offline hsearson

• View Profile
911< CPN Subsition, CESID, and Service Providers
« on: September 10, 2010, 10:54:09 AM »
If your service provider removes the override and the telephone number you entered into your CPN Sub form or Assoc. Directory Number form should appear on the external called party's CID.  ATT is telling us that if they remove their screening table there is no database for them to send address information to 911.

But..on my phone (called party) I had the client call my DID, it gave the original "NAME" associated with the PRI but when I hit toggle, it shows the CPN Substitution number I programmed for DID group A and a different one for DID Group B.

I believe if ATT sees that I am sending 555-555-1234 on all outbound calls for group A, then that 1234 should have an address associated with it.  If I send 555-555-4321 for group B, there should be another address associated with that number.

My questions is this, all my traces and even external calls i received from the client shows it works correctly, what is the process that most service providers and 911 databases have to do to make sure an address is associated with these numbers?

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Re: 911< CPN Subsition, CESID, and Service Providers
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 12:12:56 AM »
  Fun topic.  Here in NM most telco's I've worked with will over-ride what you send when the call is to 911.  The will insert the billing telephone number.  They all have services - PS/ALI - that gets you  access to modify the 911 database for your numbers yourself.  Legal contracts and fee's are required.  Then it all becomes your responsibility to make sure that what you send out has a correct entry in the 911 database.  I think the 911 databases are typically managed by a 3rd party of some sort.

Dunno if this helps - it varies telco to telco.

-Chak

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 911< CPN Subsition, CESID, and Service Providers
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 11:02:06 AM »
Same here is Michigan most of the carriers will work with you to set up a PS ALI database but others cant or wont.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10