Author Topic: Voicemail to Email Issue  (Read 5240 times)

Offline UnknownKing

• View Profile
Voicemail to Email Issue
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:13:52 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I am having a bit of an issue with the voicemail to email flowing. A quick backstory. We recently as of 2 months ago switched from Exchange 2010 to Office 365. The settings in our Mitel 5000 did not change as the voicemail was still flowing over to email just fine with the old settings. As of last weekend our independent contractor removed some of his equipment and now out voicemail isn't going to email. I can set it back to directly to the phone but not email. I have tried with the old settings as well as changing the SMTP settings to Office 365 but I am still have no luck at all. I have tried the steps in many of the post that are here and none of them has worked for me yet. Any assistant at all would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Voicemail to Email Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:19:49 PM »
UnknowningKing,

Try port 587 instead of port 25.

Thanks,

TE

Offline UnknownKing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:16:54 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

I have previously tried port 587 and didn't have much luck with it so I was testing port 25 which didn't work either.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 07:30:00 AM »
UnknownKing,

With port 25 you will need to go to the root MX as the smtp.office365.com usually doesn't work well with it. I know there are several instances where I explained how to determine your root MX for Office 365 so you just need to do a search for it.

Thanks,

TE

Offline PhoneSlayer

• Contributer
  • I don't like jazz; too many notes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
A few months ago I had a slew of customers with the same problem. I was able to find a solution that fixed the issue for all of them. See below:

When setting up email integration with Office 365 there are a few considerations:

1) - Mitel recommends Mitel 5000 release 6.2 or later software for integration with O365.

2) - server address must be entered in the following format - <domain>.mail.protection.outlook.com. So if the company's domain is xyzinc.com, the address would be xyzinc-com.mail.protection.outlook.com. Take note that the domain uses a hyphen in place of the dot.

3) - port should be set to 25

4) - username and password seem to be required by the Mitel server. Despite what the server admin may assert regarding authentication it is best to enter an account and password. Ask the server admin to provide account/password. Rel 6.2 and higher will generate INVALID APPLICATION alarm A028 when account info is missing from the email gateway form.

5) - a connector is required in the O365 environment to enable mail relay. The following article seems to describe the setup process quite well  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn751020(v=exchg.150).aspx

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 03:00:48 PM »

4) - username and password seem to be required by the Mitel server. Despite what the server admin may assert regarding authentication it is best to enter an account and password. Ask the server admin to provide account/password. Rel 6.2 and higher will generate INVALID APPLICATION alarm A028 when account info is missing from the email gateway form.

Really? We have several 250's with 6.2 and SMTP email to servers that require no authentication, and the only think in the Email Gateway form is IP address and email address, no account name or password, and it works fine with no alarms or issues. (Not related to the OP's Office365 issue, that is covered quite well already... for the record, I hate dealing wotj O365 email integration issues when it doesn't "just work")

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:36:29 PM »
PhoneSlayer,

Don't take this the wrong way, but where are you getting your information from?

With the solution you provided point 1 wouldn't whether it was for O365 or any other server as it is just basic SMTP. This solution has worked in the MiVO-250 for many versions. If you are referring to Enhanced Integration with O365 then it is always best to try and get on the latest version.

Steps 2 & 3 are basically the same thing I already posted which is solid information for anyone having these sorts of issues with O365.

Step 4 however I have never heard of as an issue. Where did you run into this at?

Step 5 Nice information to have.

Thanks,

TE

Offline jzs_phone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 06:36:52 PM »
We recently ran into the same issue when we upgraded to V6.2 but only after we also upgraded our Exchange to 2016.  The issue was resolved by adding Administrator Email Address;Email Real Name; Email Username (domain\username); Gateway Password. All of those fields were from the same email/user.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 06:45:09 PM »
jzs_phone,

Are you stating that it was working with nothing in those fields? Was it setup for Enhanced Integration or just SMTP?

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10