Author Topic: Programmable Keys???????  (Read 2236 times)

Offline pmckenzie

• View Profile
Programmable Keys???????
« on: May 16, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
I'm new to the 250 world but not to mitel. My company CSR's collect databases that have every button on every phone the is used and are different. My question is How in the heck do you program this on the MiVoice 250? It seems that you need a different keymap for every extension! Please tell me this ain't so! There is only 25 keymaps available and we sell systems with a lot more extensions then that.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Programmable Keys???????
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:14:36 PM »
pmckenzie,

It isn't so.

What you want to do is program the keys for the phone types that will all be the same. For the remaining keys program them as Programmable Keys. Delete all the programming from the Programmable Keys on the Keymap itself. Then go into each phones Programmable Keys and program them however you like.

It is a pretty simple process, but let me know if you need a more detailed explanation.

Thanks,

TE

Offline magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:25:09 PM »
Also,
Be sure to give them access to the web portal so they can change the buttons in future.

Offline pmckenzie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »
Ill, try that. The issue I'm having with this install is that I created a keymap for my 8 5330's with DSS keys on them, now each phone has a DSS appearance of its self that I want to delete

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »
pmckenzie,

Yes, If you hardcode the extensions to the Keymap then it would be impossible to change that without creating a keymap for each person; hence the use of Programmable Keys.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Crowtalks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »
Yeah, just build them with User Programmable keys and they can use 397 to program each one, and 396 to check what is under each key.

Make sure when you build the User Programmable keys to not duplicate the number that is in the right field, as that will duplicate that key, in other words, if you have four User Programmable Key 1, then when you assign one of them, the entry will be duplicated on four different keys.

Also Mitel presets some of the keys so when you add User Programmable Key 1, it automatically show up as Do Not Disturb, but that can easily be overwritten.

Jim

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10