Author Topic: Delayed Voicemail  (Read 5941 times)

Offline swilson

• View Profile
Delayed Voicemail
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:06:06 AM »
Has anyone ever heard of a voicemail message being delayed?  We have a user who received a call @ 11:55 they left a message but they didn't get it until 12:39.  We also have another user who gets her voicemails forwarded to her e-mail and the time stamp is an hour ahead.

We are using embedded voicemail and have networked voicemail turned on for most controllers.  We were originally told the new MCD/Mxe Server couldn't support voicemail.  If anyone knows if they can support voicemail now,that would be great to know.  Also only the second user is has their phone programming on the new servers.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Delayed Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 11:54:20 AM »
Yup.  Heard of it.  Every vm mfg I've ever dealt with says it doesn't exist.  yeah.....  right.....

But, I've never heard of it happening with the embedded vm.   
Be sure that what your user doesn't mean a delayed LAMP rather than a delayed vm.   Perception is everything here.
If it's just one user, blow off the VM and recreate it.

As for the time stamp, is the user in the same time zone as the VM?  I'm wondering if when the user recieves the email if perhaps the time stamp is controlled by the email server rather than the VM.   Send the user an email from Gmail or some other mail service other than the same domain the user is on.  Then compare it's time stamps.

As for the embedded.   The MXe has always supported embedded vm.   Unless we're talking about the Mitel Call Director.  I don't think that supports it yet.

Offline swilson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  Everything is under the same time zone and I was asking about MCD.  I know you can set the time of a Networked VM server but since the MCD doesn't have any voicemail the form isn't there.  I wasn't able to replicate the issue so I will see what happens after I recreate them.

Offline swilson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:10 AM »
The problem with the e-mail is Day Light Savings time.  I was unaware that we had to be in EDT -4 instead of EST -5 during the summer.  Does any one know how to make the time change automatically for day light savings? 

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 10:35:24 AM »
The 3300 doesn't auto update DTS.
You'd need Enterprise Manager to do that.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:50:19 PM by ralph »

Offline swilson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 11:49:37 AM »
I know how to get Enterprise to change the controllers time but will it change the time zone on the embedded VM.  Exchange reads the time zone stamp in the header of the e-mail to determine what time the message was sent.  I would need Enterprise Manager to change the Network VM server form.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10