Author Topic: MiCollab AWV wants to install  (Read 1560 times)

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
MiCollab AWV wants to install
« on: April 26, 2017, 10:30:01 PM »
We've got MiCollab deployed via whatever it is the Microsoft people do - I was able to help them by using information taken from the MiCollab Client Administrator Guide, which tells you that you have to edit the .msi to put the server detail and language choice in before deploying it.

So now when I run MiCollab Client, it is telling me I don't have MiCollab AWV installed.

I found http://server_IP/wd/MCAClient.msi

What do I do with it? I can't seem to find any doco on how to deploy this. If it doesn't need any editing, I can just give it to the Microsoft people and they can put it on for me, but if I give it them without some vital information that they need, I'm liable to set off a diplomatic incident.

Are there any instructions for deploying this .msi?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab AWV wants to install
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 10:38:33 PM »
This doesn't need any attributes to deploy, so just a standard msiexec /iq MCAClient.msi would work.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 11:05:28 PM »
"It's so easy it's not documented" is one way to keep the documentation brief I guess...but I am sooooo not a fan of guessing.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:17:16 AM »
There is also the admin client install that will do it for all users on the computer. Don't do both :-) as it will install both and updates won't work properly. If they want to push it might be better to use the admin client. You can start the install and within the user appdata the .exe file will be extracted. In some temp location which I don't recall.

Offline VinceWhirlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:59:45 AM »
It needs to be installed by the corporate software services, so it's going to be per user anyway.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10