Author Topic: Speed-dial pause from AA  (Read 1389 times)

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Speed-dial pause from AA
« on: April 21, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
Hello,

I have been testing a speed dial pointing to an auto attendant then pause and hit an extension. This is working, however I also need it to work from the with external calls hitting the auto attendant. I have set an internal mailbox to point to the speed dial but when I call the auto attendant and type in the number the call forwards to the other gateway but does not pause and dial my extension. Am I missing a step here?
Thanks

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Speed-dial pause from AA
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:22 PM »
You need to let us know what you want to accomplish and why you think this is the way to go

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:28:15 PM »
Hello,

I have been testing a speed dial pointing to an auto attendant then pause and hit an extension. This is working, however I also need it to work from the with external calls hitting the auto attendant. I have set an internal mailbox to point to the speed dial but when I call the auto attendant and type in the number the call forwards to the other gateway but does not pause and dial my extension. Am I missing a step here?
Thanks
These seems very unnecessary and over complicated... What are you trying to accomplish? 

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:11:39 AM »
I guess I didn't explain it better. We are just doing some tests to see if we can get it to work when we migrate with another company. They currently have a different number that is not associated with my site. We will need our AA to point to their main number, pause and dial extensions if possible?

Offline ZuluAlpha

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 09:32:11 AM »
I would like to see an example of the call flow. Use fake numbers and extensions if you want.

Are you trying to tie two different phone systems together?

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
I would like to see an example of the call flow. Use fake numbers and extensions if you want.

Are you trying to tie two different phone systems together?

Well not trying to tie them together yet. Just allow someone to call our main number, hit the AA and press 2 for example to reach another external number and extension, which is why we thought we need the pause for this to happen?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 10:10:28 AM »
Has the other system got an AA; you could always punt the number via your AA  to their AA  via  a speed call  and allow their AA to allow dial internally?

Offline Elwood36

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »
Has the other system got an AA; you could always punt the number via your AA  to their AA  via  a speed call  and allow their AA to allow dial internally?

Yes, the other system has an AA as well but configured different than ours. They don't have a staff directory setup or anything off the AA I don't believe. The plan eventually will be to migrate these numbers/sites together into 1 but that's quite a ways away.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 07:42:47 AM »
What kind of trunks are you using?  Are they loop start trunks?  Somehow I suspect that may be related.
You may have to do this using ARS and Digit mod.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10